Thread: Missing some things with new version

chuckz Guest

Default Missing some things with new version

These are not show stoppers, but I noticed some changes with the new update - 8.0.059.000 and was wondering if someone can enlighten me if I can get them back.
    After ZA ISS
    has completed it's loading,
    the "control center" (that's where you set your controls for it's operations) does not place a button (or whatever it's called) on the left-hand side of the lower tray. I have to right click on the icon in the right-hand tray and choose "Restore Zone Alarm Security Suite Control Center" and all is well. Is there a setting to get it to do this automatically like before?
    2. Used to be, when you opened the "control center", on the top right-hand side it showed the first four programs that were open. It may not be real important, but I got used to seeing it and would like to know if there is a setting to change so it will appear again?
    The new display format of the "control center"
    took some getting used to, but I guess I can live with that.
    Thanx,
    ChuckZ

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Missing some things with new version 8.0

1- do you mean the 'quick launch icon' or the 'desktop icon' ?1A - desktop icon - you can make yourself. Go to 'all programs' &gt; right click on ZA program &gt; you 'may' see a menu for &quot;Create Shortcut&quot; = this is a desktop icon. You can also 'pin' to 'start menu'1B - quick launch icon - right click open space of system bar &gt; properties &gt; taskbar appearance &gt; put check in 'show quick launch' { I don't know if there is one, I never used this feature}<hr>2 - new version, new GUI, I don't think the four boxes can be re-set back.<hr><hr>I'm still using 7.0. If there are any other differences you would like to point out - just for my curosity, you can mention them.<hr>Questions - can you still change color scheme of ZA? Easier to navigate to main control panels and adjustments? in your opinion. What else is missing or newly added? from 7.0 series.

Thread Information