I am running XP(SP2), ZA Pro 8.0.059.000, and Firefox 3.0.3. I regret updating ZA since it is causing my system to freeze when I am at certain websites. I am now having problems I never had with the previous ZA version (7). One example is Amazon.com. Any time I choose to look at an item, my browser freezes and I can regain control of my system only by unplugging my modem and hitting CTRL/ALT/DEL numerous times. Then a popup appears claiming TrueVector has experienced a problem and is shutting down.

I confirmed this is a ZoneAlarm error by shutting it down, opening Firefox and going back to Amazon. Everything loaded fast, I was able to move an item into my shopping cart and there were no problems or freezes.

I want rid my rig of ZA 8. I need to get my holiday shopping done. Since I have another 57 days to go on my subscription, I would like to confirm that I can uninstall version 8 and reinstall version 7.0.483.00, which was issued in July 2008. That version worked perfectly (yes, I have it saved in my applications folder). If not, then I guess I'll have to leave as a paying customer and use the free version.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro