Thread: Getright makes vsmon.exe increase its usage of the cpu to the point it kills the pc dead

gedc Guest

Default Getright makes vsmon.exe increase its usage of the cpu to the point it kills the pc dead

Basically as the title guys. For years I've had no problems. Now when I donwload one file with getright vsmon.exe is using around 10% of the CPU. When I have 3 or 4 files downloading together through getright, the CPU usage shoots to around 80% effectively killing the PC.
    As a file completes or I pause it vsmon.exe starts to return back to zero...
    Firstly, why is this and what can I do to get around it.
    Thanks

Default Re: Getright makes vsmon.exe increase its usage of the cpu to the point it kills the pc dead

Here is a List of the Most common User problems..a.) The first thing a Hacker, Trojan or Virus tries to do if they infect your computer or gain access to your Computer, thru an Email Attachment or pop-up on a Website or user over-ridding the Security alerts by the firewall, is to shutdown, any Firewall, AV/AS.. That is why some users have problems updating ZoneAlarm or any other security program..vsmon.exe/TrueVector is the first thing that loads when your computer starts to boot up, the ZA tray Icon is just a Icon that loads later in the Boot-up process..and TrueVector /vsmon.exe is the last thing to shutdown when your computer shuts down to insure that your computer is always protected..The simplest procedure is to:1.Download the Latestinstaller:(preferably with IE Browwserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right)2.) It seems that Spyware Doctor's Process Guard does not play nice with ZA. There is a known issue that PC Tools is investigating where the Spyware Doctor causes excess CPU usage for vsmon.exe. This was really never a big deal for me, but apparently with the newest ZA update, this conflict has risen to a new level. If I disable Process Guard then ZA functions normally.
    .ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:965762345
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5015
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gedc Guest

Default Re: Getright makes vsmon.exe increase its usage of the cpu to the point it kills the pc dead

Thanks GeorgeV for taking the time to reply but I don't understand your post referring to Spyware Doctor?
    My issue is with using Getright?
    Thanks

My intension was to show that TrueVector/vsmon.exe is the main guts of ZoneAlarm..and that many things can cause vsmon to use lots of CPU resources..Conflict with things like Spyware Doctor can cause vsmon to use 100% of CPU Resouces..ZA does not play well with Download Accelerator programs like GitRight and LiveWire..vsmon needs to scan every file that you download as part of the On-access protection..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information