Thread: UPDATE for Windows 2000?

Hybrid View

lenrobs Guest

Default UPDATE for Windows 2000?

I'm being repeatedly hit by update notices for W2k which fail to install.
    Anyone know why or how to update or stop these messages?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:4.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: UPDATE for Windows 2000?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>lenrobs wrote:
    I'm being repeatedly hit by update notices for W2k which fail to install.
    Anyone know why or how to update or stop these messages?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:4.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) go into ZA Overview / Preferences and change from Automatic to Manual check for Updates..2.) Begining with ZA Ver. 8.0 Windows 2000 is no longer supported..Here is the link to the Public Notice..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=721
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ianpenfold Guest

I have the same problem.
    I've no idea what's going on.
    When I click on the updates button within zonealarm free firewall 6.5 it downloads a keyway program that then downloads version 8.
    Version 8 does not install on windows 2000.
    I even went to the customer support feature on the zonelabs website and chatted IM to
    one person who gave me a link to the version history and also twice to one other person who just gave me grief because I have the free version and pointed me to here.
    So much for customer support.
    The version history page does the same thing, even though it says version 7.1.xxxx it actually downloads version 8.
    Am I right in thinking that Zonelabs are forcing people to choose 1 of the options below:
    1 upgrade thier computer to Windows XP
    whether
    or not XP will actually work on an older PC.
    2 purchase an older version of Zonealrm Firewall or Security Suite
    from a shop
    with no guarantee that
    it will actually update.

I
    am sorry for my wording of this, but I am so frustrated.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ianpenfold wrote:
    I have the same problem. I've no idea what's going on. When I click on the updates button within zonealarm free firewall 6.5 it downloads a keyway program that then downloads version 8. Version 8 does not install on windows 2000. I even went to the customer support feature on the zonelabs website and chatted IM toone person who gave me a link to the version history and also twice to one other person who just gave me grief because I have the free version and pointed me to here. So much for customer support.The version history page does the same thing, even though it says version 7.1.xxxx it actually downloads version 8.Am I right in thinking that Zonelabs are forcing people to choose 1 of the options below:1 upgrade thier computer to Windows XPwhetheror not XP will actually work on an older PC.2 purchase an older version of Zonealrm Firewall or Security Suitefrom a shopwith no guarantee thatit will actually update.Iam sorry for my wording of this, but I am so frustrated.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My apologies!1.) I'm Sorry that you got caught up in the Push by MicroSoft to Push Their Customers into upgrading to the Latest Version of MicroSoft..2.) Also, It is not Cost effective for Software Companies to Continue Support for older Versions of their Free versions of their Software..That may be why the Download link to the Older Versions is linked to the Installer that gives you the Newest Version 8.0 version..

3.) We are all Users here in this User Forum, I do not work for or represent Zonelabs or Checkpoint, thus no inside information is given to me personally.4.) Perhaps you may be able to Download the old Version 7.0 Free version for XP, or 7.1 Free version for Vista, on an alternat Source like MajorGeek.com or download.com.. or oldversion.com5.) as for Buying discounted Older Box versions.. may install on older computers but Support may have expired for that version..and any 2007 or 2008 Box version may not include support for Vista..6.) Begining with ZA Ver. 8.0 Windows 2000 is no longer supported.. Here is the link to the Public Notice..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=721

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 02-10-2009 03:39 PM
    GeorgeV

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jyt Guest

Aha....I see the problem: Microsoft no longer supports W2000. So, as one who has no dollars to change operating systems right now, is there another place to turn (as in another company that you know of where 2000 has a bit more time to live? Realize my question awkward. Do need help.

Check http://majorgeeks.com/downloads34.html Security Software/Firewalls for older versions of ZoneAlarm that worked with Windows 2000..or www.oldversion.com for older versions of ZoneAlarm.. http://www.oldversion.com/ZoneAlarm.html#download---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:985753397
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.6005
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV