Thread: Internet/computer freezes

dave_fl Guest

Default Internet/computer freezes

Hi,
    I'm having problems with ZASS freezing up my computer while on the internet. It freezes while checking Yahoo mail, various Amazon searches, etc.
    I'm pretty sure it is ZASS causing the problems because I they didn't occur when I closed ZASS. The computer is 4 months old. Windows XP pro. Latest version 8.0.059 of ZASS. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if it is a cookie control issue. When the computer freezes, it usually takes several minutes before I can do anything other than a manual restart. After a few minutes I will be able to close either mozilla firefox or internet explorer (rarely used, but it seizes up just like firefox.)
    Any help you can offer is appreciated.
    Thanks for your time and help.
    Dave

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Internet/computer freezes

Hi!go to ZA privacy control and turn OFF cookies control, adblocking and mobile control.See if now your system still frezees.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

daveg_fl Guest

Hi Fax,
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I had cookie control set to medium and adblocker on high. Mobile code was off already. I changed the settings as you recommended and it hasn't frozen up yet. Subsequently, I tried raising the each individual setting at a time to see if I could get it to freeze again. I think it might be cookie control because once I got past an area that froze me up before it wouldn't freeze again. I will keep experimenting and will keep you posted if is locks up again. What risk am I at by having cookie control off?
    Thanks again for your time and help.
    Dave

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>DaveG_FL wrote:
    What risk am I at by having cookie control off?
    Dave
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>NO security risk, cookies are harmless text file.You can block them directly from your browser no need of ZA.But be aware that many sites will simply refuse to work if you block cookies.What is a cookie?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookieCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rabbitisrich Guest

I am having a similar problem as the thread starter. My internet stops working at seemingly random intervals. It restarts when I repair my network connection and restart ZoneAlarm. And my computer freezes after getting a message that ZoneAlarm is reinitiating.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks.

Message Edited by rabbitisrich on 12-17-2008 01:35 AM

daveg_fl Guest

Hi,
    I'm not sure if you're having the same problems that I had, but Fax's suggestions seem to have worked for me. I set cookie control and ad blocking to off and haven't had the issue since. Good luck.

Thread Information