Hi,

On Sunday December 21 I got a critical update for Internet Explorer 7.0 for my XP machine (SP3). Although IE is not my default browser I installed it. When logging in a week later I noticed my Internet connection dies after being in use for half an hour. After a long period trying several solutions (contacting my ISP, entering a support call at Microsoft) and pulling hairs out I finally figured it out. There is a conflict between the IE update and ZoneAlarm free version. I closed down ZA (luckily I also have a router with a firewall) and my Internet connection worked again. After installing the newest update of ZoneAlarm everything (seems to) work(s) again.

Macamba

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:6.5
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)