Thread: IE7 security patch on Vista - Zone alarrm not initialising

Hybrid View

specialone Guest

Default IE7 security patch on Vista - Zone alarrm not initialising

I recently down loaded the IE7 security patch on to my vista laptop running Zone Alarm security suite.When I did this I got a series me messages when trying to load IE but i could not get in. The only way to access the internet was to turn off the OS firewall.Now when I turn on the laptop I can access the internet but ZA does note appear to be working.If I hover over the Icon the message I get is "protection is up - UI is initialising". But I can not load the ZA application to check anything.I am running IE7 with the latest security patch. I believe that I am running the latest version of ZA v8 and vista home 32 SP 1
    any ideas ?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: IE7 security patch on Vista - Zone alarrm not initialising

Hi!probably during install or execution you deny some of the pop-up you have been getting...This may mean a non complete install of IE or a missconfiguration of ZA or bothWhen updating from trusted sources (your OS) always allow them to proceed in ZA.Also the new IE when running will trigger addittional ZA warnings .. allow themNow you will need to boot in SAFE MODE and uninstall ZA from there (VISTA uninstall a program)Then be sure to check that 'internet logs' folder (in the main WINDOWS folder), "Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder) and "Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder) are not anymore on your system. If they are, remove them and empty the trashbin.<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>Download again the installer of ZA:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...teSetup_en.exeand install...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information