Thread: Zone Alarm and GMail

seldom Guest

Default Zone Alarm and GMail

Hi;

Please, forgive my poor English Grammar, but I'm Spanish. I'll do my best.

Time ago, I installed Zone Alarm Pro in my computer.

I tried to look my Gmail account, but it
    remains "loading".

I looked in forums, and there exist many problems as I could see.
    I tried to configure Zone Alarm as said in the Google help, but It does not work, neither deleting cookies
    nor adding "mail.google.com" in the privacy options.

I have to change everytime to HTML view if I want to look my account in GMail.

Did anybody have the same problem? How can I solve it? Any help?
    Thank youSeldom

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Zone Alarm and GMail

Hi!have you tried to turn OFF completely the main ZA privacy control (adblocking, cookies and mobile control)?Does it work now? If yes, then you can try to customise ZA privacy to work with gmail.Check here below how to troubleshooot issue with ZA Privacy control:http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

diverjer Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm and GMail

I have used Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite for a couple years and gmail without any problems or issues with privacy settings. I am aware of privacy setting issues, but they only give me problems when using ebay.

I have seen this error on gmail if the circuit is slow and gmail will time out. Gmail will give you the option of reloading or I believe it will let you go back to the older version of gmail. I would try using the older version setting in gmail and see if that works. Basic gmail works the same in either setting.

Again even on my high speeed cable I have seen gmail tell me it gave up loading, try again. For me I haven't found this to be a ZA problem.

I guess you could always stop ZA from starting on boot, reboot computer, then use the microsoft firewall and see if the problem goes away????

Thread Information