Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version 8 Internet & Microsoft Money Issues and Shutdown Issues

Hybrid View

ngoldwein Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version 8 Internet & Microsoft Money Issues and Shutdown Issues

I was using ZA Suite ver 7 with no problems but I upgraded to version 8.
    Once I installed version 8 I had very delayed access to the internet (seemed like I eventually got to the sites but so slow it was painful.
    Also, I use Microsoft Money and it was having problems and failed to update the prices of securities and also when I started Money it told me I was not connected to the internet (but I was).
    Finally when I tried to shutdown my machine it took atleast 5 minutes to shut down once the blue screen showed Windows shutting down (using XP Pro with the latest updates).
    I removed ZA ver 8 and tried all of the above using just the MS firewall and all problems disappeared,
    Wouls appreciate any advice on how I can get ZA suite ver 8 to operate properly. Thanks for the help

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

ngoldwein Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version 8 Internet & Microsoft Money Issues and Shutdown Issues

Further Update on same problems.
    I disabled the Windows firewall and installed ver 7 of ZA Suite and it seemed that everything worked fine.
    I then updated the definition files for the spyware and virus protection.
    After the update I have the same problem with shutting down Windows.
    MS Money seemed to work okay and I am not sure about internet access (I use IE 7) spped.
    Also, my wifes machine (IE & & XP PRO also and ZA Suite ver 7) has the problem with MS Money but not the problem with shutting down.

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version 8 Internet & Microsoft Money Issues and Shutdown Issues

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ngoldwein wrote:
    Further Update on same problems.I disabled the Windows firewall and installed ver 7 of ZA Suite and it seemed that everything worked fine. I then updated the definition files for the spyware and virus protection. After the update I have the same problem with shutting down Windows. MS Money seemed to work okay and I am not sure about internet access (I use IE 7) spped. Also, my wifes machine (IE &amp; &amp; XP PRO also and ZA Suite ver 7) has the problem with MS Money but not the problem with shutting down.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you have Updated to ZASS 8.0.059.000 on WinXP and still experience Slow Shutdown and Slow Startup..1.) many times part of the Registry gets Changed by other Programs like Comercial Registry Cleaners, or Registry Restore from a Registry Backup..2.) here is the Fix provided by Tech support..changed the following registry data:HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control (click on Control)In the right side of Control look for - WaitToKillServiceTimeoutifValue data was set to 200. change it to 20000.After doing this,your shutdown should change backto normal.According to MS the default setting should have been 20000 (milliseconds) So we have no idea how these users got set to 200 or 2000---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975660264
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ngoldwein Guest

Thanks for the response.
    Your registry mod only addresses the shutdown issue.
    Do you have any suggestions on the other issues, Microsoft Money telling me I am not connected to internet and not updating some data because it will not connect to some servers and also the very long time it takes to connect to certain sites (both of these issues do not occur if I use just the Windows firewall and ZA is uninstalled)?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ngoldwein wrote:
    Thanks for the response. Your registry mod only addresses the shutdown issue. Do you have any suggestions on the other issues, Microsoft Money telling me I am not connected to internet and not updating some data because it will not connect to some servers and also the very long time it takes to connect to certain sites (both of these issues do not occur if I use just the Windows firewall and ZA is uninstalled)?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your feedback..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) if you can Connect to the Internet with your Browser and Email client, then the problem is with MS Money not being given proper permition access in Za Program Control.. MS Money should have Three Green Bars for Super Trusted Access, and Three Green check marks from the Left..

NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..
    --------------------------------------------------------

2.) All access to Web-Sites by your Browser is controled by the Site-lite in the Privacy section..

3.) if you having a problem accessing the ISP or internet with Browser/Email Client..

Then Make sure that all Listings in ZASS Firewall Zones Area should be in the Trusted Zone..

and ZASS Firewall Main Section Internet Zone Security = High, Trusted Zone Security = Medium..

Please Post back with progress report..

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ngoldwein Guest

First oif I want to thank you for taking the time to help me.
    I did a fresh install of ZA Suite ver 8
    and I now have access to Microsoft Money and its update features as I should.
    I also
    fixed the registry key and my shutdown is normal.
    So I again thanks!
    I have some questions that would help my understanding of ZA Suite.

1) You said &quot;MS Money should have Three Green Bars for Super Trusted Access, and Three Green check marks from the Left&quot;.
    I understand the Super Tust but do not know what three green checks from left mean.
    Could you please tell me the column labels.2) You also said that my email client (which is Outlook 2007 ) needs Trusted, Internet access
    and Send Mail all need Green check Marks.
    I have Trusted and Internet access as green check but Send Mail is shown with the ? but yet it still works which I don't understand.3) Could you give me an explanation of Access Trusted, Access Internet, Server Trusted, and Server internet so that I know what the settings should be for my programs.
    Again, thanks for the help.

Thread Information