Thread: Nothing in ZoneAlarm control center

simoncl Guest

Default Nothing in ZoneAlarm control center

Hi,

When I go in Zone Alarm control center I just see the top section. There's nothing else. I use ZoneAlarm Free. I need to change some settings and I can't. I tried reinstalling ZoneAlarm and it didn't work.

Thank you,
    Simon

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

findley Guest

Default Re: Nothing in ZoneAlarm control center

<blockquote><hr>simoncl wrote:
    Hi,

When I go in Zone Alarm control center I just see the top section. There's nothing else. I use ZoneAlarm Free. I need to change some settings and I can't. I tried reinstalling ZoneAlarm and it didn't work.

Thank you,
    Simon

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>simoncl,
    On the
    issue of zafree zone alarm control center blank, I'm wondering whether this is a brand new install of zafree? upgrade?
    what was the previous firewall used and was it properly uninstalled?
    do you have other security software running which may be conflicting with zafree?
    Have you seen this post by NaiveMelody which may help youhttp://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...d=11611#M73899
    Also - any malware inflections lately?
    Done any recent scans?
    Ruled out malware as the cause of zafree problem?
    And as recently posted by Guru fax:check carefully your system for malware
    see here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787
    To be sure your ZA is not corrupted, completely remove ZA.You can use this utility:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe
    Maybe something here helps you
    Findley

simoncl Guest

The only new thing I installed is IE7. Sincethat I were not able to access internet in IE7 (with ZA on) so I went in ZA to reset the settings about IE and I saw that everything was blank...

I scanned for spyware and viruses there's nothing.

I tried a clean uninstall with a clean install of the English version of ZA (insted of the French one). Nothing worked. I'll try a redoing the installation with minimal program on (minimal boot).

That's really strange...

prof_fate Guest

The only new thing I installed is IE7. Sincethat I were not able to access internet in IE7 (with ZA on) so I went in ZA to reset the settings about IE and I saw that everything was blank...

I scanned for spyware and viruses there's nothing.

I tried a clean uninstall with a clean install of the English version of ZA (insted of the French one). Nothing worked. I'll try a redoing the installation with minimal program on (minimal boot).

That's really strange...
    <hr></blockquote>
    Maybe this Forum Link will be of some help to you...
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73798

simoncl Guest

This is the infos:

ZoneAlarm version:8.0.065.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.065.000
    Driver version:8.0.065.000

WinXP SP3 French family edition

I did a clean uninstall with a clean install with everything turn off (minimal boot with msconfig). Nothing works. I have no other firewall except a router. I have those other security programs installed but has I said they were turn off when I installed ZA:

AVG Free 8.0.176
    Ad-Aware Free 2008 7.1.0.11

I used IE7 to download ZA with no download manager.

What is the interface used for ZA control center (html with IE as many programs)?

I only see the top banner with ZA logo and activity bar.

Thank you,
    Simon

simoncl Guest

I tried removing Microsoft OneCare Live as someone suggest in a thread, but it did work.

I'm about to just remove ZA.

Thank you for your support,

findley Guest

This is the infos:

ZoneAlarm version:8.0.065.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.065.000
    Driver version:8.0.065.000

WinXP SP3 French family edition

I did a clean uninstall with a clean install with everything turn off (minimal boot with msconfig). Nothing works. I have no other firewall except a router. I have those other security programs installed but has I said they were turn off when I installed ZA:

AVG Free 8.0.176
    Ad-Aware Free 2008 7.1.0.11

I used IE7 to download ZA with no download manager.

What is the interface used for ZA control center (html with IE as many programs)?

I only see the top banner with ZA logo and activity bar.

Thank you,
    Simon
    <hr></blockquote>Simon,&quot;Please note that ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&amp;D, AVG, NOD, and many
    others. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZASS is working as it should.&quot;
    This is a quote from Guru fax in this thread helping a user with ZASS rather than za free http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...d=84325#M84325
    My suggestion is to uninstall AVG and Adaware - then install za free following the instruction in the link above (except where it says download ZASS installer you would download the za free version.
    Then once zafree
    installed and operating properly
    then try adding them back.
    Regards,Findley

Thread Information