Thread: Turn off OS firewall!!

Default Turn off OS firewall!!

How about enable us to turn off OS firewall without getting a red status on the main screen?
    I find the OS firewall to be very annoying with its popups, and I'm a safe enough computer user to not require it and prefer it off.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Turn off OS firewall

Go to 'Program Control' tab &gt; Main &gt; Program Control - lower bar to 'Medium'/ Learning Mode - first... see if this works for you. Less secure - would be to lower to 'Low'<hr>Alternative - if you have a 'trusted' site/ program - putting 'three green bars'
    in &quot;Trust Level&quot; will often reduce the 'ZA alerts.'

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-11-2009 06:50 PM

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Turn off OS firewall!!

What's the point of having ZASS if Program Control is planned to be deactivated? I just don't get it. And as NaiveMelody said, you can turn it down or with Low, practically off.

That said, popups are during 'learning' mode. Once ZA learns what's ok for you, the alerts will go away. It's a great feature of the paid ZA products.

to me, the OS firewall is a very annoying feature in ZA.
    it doesn't seem intelligent because it asks for every program, and so far i say &quot;yes&quot; to everything it pops up.
    other antiviruse programs dont have this annoyance.
    plus sometimes the OS firewall can pause the processing progress of a program [such as when you
    go afk to let a program do some long processing and then you come back seeing the OS firewall halted progress midway].

Try adjusting the program control slider and the features in the Options of the programs.

see http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/s...ed=true&page=1 for more details.

Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-11-2009 09:43 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information