Thread: 0x80200010 error in WindowsUpdate when running ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000

smsharons Guest

Default 0x80200010 error in WindowsUpdate when running ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000

I run the "free" version of ZoneAlarm and currently have version 7.0.483.000 installed on Windows XP. I've been having problems with the Automatic Update function in Windows. I frequently get error messages 0x80200010 and 0x80072f78. Microsoft says the first error message usually results from firewall problems, and suggests turning off any third party firewall. Is there any know incompatability problem between this version of ZoneAlarm and the current Windows Update? Should I be turning off ZoneAlarm while trying to let updates download?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: 0x80200010 error in WindowsUpdate when running ZoneAlarm 7.0.483.000

Click here > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
    - go thru the list of Microsoft steps.<hr>Known issues: never use download accelerators (used with dial-up service). Make sure BITS service is running.
    : Start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)[*]<div class="indent">[*]<div class="indent">
    1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.[*]<div class="indent">[*]<div class="indent">
    2. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.[*]<div class="indent">[*]<div class="indent">
    3. On the General tab, click Automatic in the Startup type box, and then click Apply.[*]<div class="indent">[*]<div class="indent">
    4. In the &quot;Service status&quot; section of the properties dialog box, verify that the BITS service is started. If it is not started, click Start.[*]<div class="indent">[*]<div class="indent">
    5. Click Apply, and then click OK...<hr>Try a 'manual Microsoft update' - see if you are able to do so. Sometimes, 'temporarily' lowering the 'program control' from high to 'medium' helps; instead of shutting down ZA completely.<hr><hr>0x80200010 error on windows update - click here &gt; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958047
    - see step #2[/list]

Thread Information