Thread: PC Reboot When Copying From a Network Resource

nathanhorn Guest

Default PC Reboot When Copying From a Network Resource

When copying files from a network location to my local computer, I get a sudden reboot, every single time. I have the latest version installed. After uninstalling ZoneAlarm, I can now copy from the network locations. After reinstalling ZoneAlarm the restart problem is back. I even reimaged the pc, with no luck. I have set up my range of IP's in the firewall exceptions correctly because I can access the network drives just cant copy files from them with out the PC restarting. Any ideas what exactly is causing this issue and how I can resolve it?

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite - Windows XP Pro

Message Edited by nathanhorn on 01-13-2009 08:25 PM

nathanhorn Guest

Default Re: PC Reboot When Copying From a Network Resource

I have found that the reboot is caused by the file "nwfs.sys" from the Novell Client. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this problem?

stupefy Guest

Default Re: PC Reboot When Copying From a Network Resource

If you are using Novell: make sure you have the latest Novell Client Installed, v4.91 SP5 for Windows
    If you are not using Novell: remove Novell Client from the System and the TCP/IP Stack
    All of the information you need and to download the latest Novell Client from Novell, can be found here:
    http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=qmMAWSRy5q4~

Thread Information