Thread: ZA Pro incompatible with NAV9

erik_s Guest

Default ZA Pro incompatible with NAV9

I started installing Norton AntiVirus 9.0 which was included as part of my year's antivirus subscription. Just before beginning the install, NAV9 informed me that it is incompatible with ZA Pro and it offered to help me uninstall it. Needless to say, I backed out of that stupid installation and left ZA Pro intact. I don't have any words to tell you (politely) how angry I feel about an antivirus vendor writing off a major security program like that.

My question is whether you're aware of the incompatibility and whether a fix is on the horizon. If not, there are certainly other antivirus programs on the market...

Thanks for anything anyone can tell me about this.

Erik

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZA Pro incompatible with NAV9

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Erik_S wrote:
    I started installing Norton AntiVirus 9.0 which was included as part of my year's antivirus subscription. Just before beginning the install, NAV9 informed me that it is incompatible with ZA Pro and it offered to help me uninstall it. Needless to say, I backed out of that stupid installation and left ZA Pro intact. I don't have any words to tell you (politely) how angry I feel about an antivirus vendor writing off a major security program like that.

My question is whether you're aware of the incompatibility and whether a fix is on the horizon. If not, there are certainly other antivirus programs on the market...

Thanks for anything anyone can tell me about this.

Erik

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>==================The following Link on the Incapatibility of Norton/Symantic and McAfee Security programs Conflicting with ZoneAlarm was posted way back on 04-15-2007http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=154==================================Here is more Links about NAV2009 Compatibility with ZoneAlarm..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=81693http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=82099#M82099--------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:976132714
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5155
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 01-16-2009 08:27 AM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Here are some popular anti-virus you can get and their 'free': Avira Anti-Vir, AVG Free AV, and Awil's Avas t<hr>Click here &gt; Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic

Click here &gt; AVG AntiVirus

<strike>Click here</strike> &gt; Alwil Avas t 4 Home Edition
    &lt;&lt; sorry about the link there is a filter on this name, but you can easily figure it out.

<hr>Important: if you should decide to un-install Norton - please click here &gt; http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...message.id=154
    - please use the Norton Removal Tool - it does make a difference for your future anti-virus.

or you can rollback to NAV 2008- which does seem to work.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-15-2009 10:53 PM

erik_s Guest

Thanks. From those links it looks like one user was told by Symantec tech support to roll it back to the previous version of NAV. On the other hand, lots of folks find no problem with the two together.

I don't know why I'm still using NAV. It used to be a good product but I have very little respect for it anymore.

Erik

erik_s Guest

Thanks Melody. I'll remember that. Lately I find I have very little patience with NAV.

Erik

Thread Information