Thread: Multiple Visual C++ Debug Error messages on startup

winddrifter Guest

Default Multiple Visual C++ Debug Error messages on startup

Multiple times (maybe 10 to 20) I get a message box titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" with the content "Debug Error! Program: C:\WINDOWS\system32\
    ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe R6034 - An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library without using a manifest. This is an unsupported way to load the Visual C++ DLLs. You need to modify your application to build with a manifest."

I did not have this problem until I upgraded to the 8.0.059.000 version.

This is on a Sony Vaio with XP SP2 and 2 GB RAM With Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express edition installed.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Multiple Visual C++ Debug Error messages on startup

You might try a system file check (sfc /scannow in the command and have the windows media disk handy) and see if the problem gets resolved.
    This is not a ZA issue.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

winddrifter Guest

> You might try a system file check (sfc /scannow
    > in the command and have the windows media disk
    > handy) and see if the problem gets resolved.
    > This is not a ZA issue.

Howdy,

Thanks for the info. I did run sfc /scannow and it did not find any problems.

I don't know if it is a ZA issue or not, but I didn't have the problem until I upgraded to the latest version.

The Visual C++ 2008 Express is not realated to the actual needed windows files or file useage as the Visual C++ 2008 Express is bascially a IDE for developers and hobbyists.

Look for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package for running applications.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I still think there is some .dll missing somewhere.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

foxbeard Guest

I've had the same problem on my machine. I've been using MSVC++ express and zone alarm together for years without any trouble at all up until this latest version. This problem must lie with this version of zone alarm.
    I'm using the free firewall only edition. Clean install, I deleted the system32\zonealarm folder and the Program files\ZoneLabs folder from linux to remove the in use files.
    It throws this error on this file "GLB634."tmp after downloading 9% into the install. I also notice that the file iit is copying is "Microsoft_VC90_ReleaseCRT_x86.msi" What is zone alarm doing with a VC++ file anyway?
    After pressing retry three times and clicking through the registration dialogs, it stops again at 32% on the file ..\ZoneAlarm\repair\vsruledb.dll and the error is on The file ..System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    I press retry 3 more times and it stops at 97% on the file dgbhelp.dll. The Debug error shows ..\System32\Zonelabs\vsmon.exe again. another error popped up while I was typing this, but one of my keystrokes closed it before I could read it. Three more retries, and it stops at 100%. The progress window closed before I could see what file it was working on The degug error is again for vsmon.exe Retry 3 more times. The system made 2 more error noises, but no dialog appeared.
    The installer then hung and wouldn't go any further.
    I tried uninstalling it (several more vsmon.exe errors) and uninstalling MSVC++ and my cisco VPN
    client that the ZA installer was throwing a fit about, rebooting and reinstalling ZA. I got the same errors in the same places.
    My system is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 5000+ with 8GB ram running 32bit windows XP home SP3.
    I am very disappointed in this release of Zone Alarm.

-Matt Chandler
    Programmer
    University of Alaska Statewide OIT
    Enterprise Application Systems

winddrifter Guest

Same here MSVC Express installed on my laptop. No problems until the ZA update. I've gotten used to just clicking 'Retry' 3 times on the Debug messages during boot. After that it seems to work OK.

Recently I made it a dual-boot machine with Linux. I'm using that a good part of the time now, and that makes the problem go away entirely. ;-)

Thread Information