Thread: Google Search.

stormsy Guest

Default Google Search.

Hey!

I am not sure if anyone is having a similar problem, but whenever I perform a search using Google; it says underneath every hyperlink: "this site may harm your computer."

For exapmle, searching for amazon.com (don't have it bookmarked) I click on the link when I know amazon.com is okay, the next page shows me a warning.

I did a scan of my pc yesterday and no viruses were found. I would like to know if anyone else is having the same problems as I am. ZA is updated, everything is up-to-date!

Please reply!
    Thanks,
    Stormsy.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Google Search.

Hi!did you actually resolve your shutdown issues?If yes, what was the cause?Your issue sounds like spyware hijack... check your system with MBAM and Superantispyware.Links here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787EDIT: I can replicate your problem.... it looks like an issue with GOOGLE rather than your systemCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 01-31-2009 04:03 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

Thanks,

No - it isn't a spyware hijack. After the post, I went to my neighbours house; they had the exact same problem. They don't even run ZA.

So it was an issue with Google. I say "was" as now it is running normally. Strange.

Thanks for your help - and to answer your question about the shutdown problem, I believe it was with an issue of Skype. I have removed it completely and ZA isn't shutting down spontaneously - thanks for asking.

Ta!
    Stormsy.

Hi!yes... I edited the post.. after I realised I had the same problem.See here:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7862840.stmCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

Oh! Sorry, my bad!

I didn't realise to look on the BBC site. Interesting.

Thanks for that!

Thread Information