Thread: Scanning.exe slows the computer to a slow crawl for 20 minutes with every reboot

gyrobob Guest

Default Scanning.exe slows the computer to a slow crawl for 20 minutes with every reboot

How do I shut off scanning.exe?
    I have deselected scheduled scans and I have done the right click reset thing a few times.
    I need some way to simply make scanning.exe stop altogether.
    I'll let it scan later when I leave the computer.
    Bob

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Scanning.exe slows the computer to a slow crawl for 20 minutes with every reboot

Hi!please report directly to ZA technical support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Post back if you find a solution.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gyrobob Guest

Default Re: Scanning.exe slows the computer to a slow crawl for 20 minutes with every reboot

I did that.
    They sent several e-mails telling me all the standard stuff about uninstall/reinstall, deselect scheduled scans, and rightclick reset.
    None of those things worked.
    I told them that a couple of weeks ago and have heard
    nothing since.
    Bob

Hi!yes, you have to keep to go back to them since it is the only way to troubleshoot the issue.Fax

gyrobob Guest

I did go back to them. I responded to their last message. They have not responded to me for a couple of weeks. Should I send them another message to try to get them to pay attention to me? If that doesn't work, should I send another? How many do I have to send to get them to work my problem?

This all seems so silly. All I want is a way to shut off scanning.exe temporarily. How hard can that be?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Gyrobob wrote:
    This all seems so silly. All I want is a way to shut off scanning.exe temporarily. How hard can that be?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, this is not really possible... unless before shutting down ZA you disable the virus protection.Yes, try to open a new ticket with ZA.BTW, have you already tried to boot your system selectively?1.) Click Start -&gt; Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor, and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computerHow does it work? Still locks at boot?
    NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

Cheers,

Fax

gyrobob Guest

I have been a user and a fan of ZA for several years. I could never understand it when others would say they were dropping ZA and going with something else that let their computers behave somewhat normally. I am beginning to get the idea.

Hi!how do you know is scanningprocess.exe is hogging the system and not an interaction with another process running?This is why I have suggested to startup your system clean of any third party software other then ZA and OS.Did it ever worked correctly? If yes, what have you changed?Personally never had problems with ZA... must be lucky Cheers,Fax

Thread Information