Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Options dialog box

Hybrid View

tsidkenu Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Security Options dialog box

Hello,
    I am new to this forum. The issue I am dealing with is a rather annoying one. Every time I log on to my account, the above mentioned subject appears with 2 choices. The first is a button I click if I want to learn more about the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. The second I click if I do not. I want to go further than that. I would greatly someone telling me how I can make sure that I never see this box ever in any size, shape, or form. I've had the free firewall for quite a while and I'm very happy with what I have. Plus I the other software ZoneAlarm keeps hammering me with, I already have from other vendors. So please help me stop this box from popping up on my desktop when I finish logging on.

Thank you

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

zaswing Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Options dialog box

Are you sure your free version is 8 and not 6 or 7?
    Far as I recall, v8 has a ZA-Pro installer not ZASS.
    I've use v8 free and never saw the popup. I'm not disputing you see one, just reporting.

Perhaps when you installed you checked "Inform me about product updates"? You can uninstall and reinstall and don't check such things.

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-16-2009 04:28 PM

tsidkenu Guest

Hi zasuiteuser,
    Yes I am 1000% sure that it is version 8. In fact the full version number for my product is 8.0.065.000. That is the TrueVector, and Driver version as well. Also I checked to see if I clicked anything that said "Inform me about product updates." The only thing I see with the word update is when I clicked the "Preferences" button from the "Overview" drop down menu and I can set ZoneAlarm to CHECK for product updates either automatically or manually. Otherwise I don't see anything resembling what you mentioned. So do you have any other ideas? I'm open to them.

Thank you

zaswing Guest

This is the screen I was refering to - it occured duting installation of v8.
    http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?i...gscreentn1.png

Other than this, I have no idea.

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-16-2009 05:17 PM

Thread Information