Thread: using free online Trend micro Housecall's scan

joeleis Guest

Default using free online Trend micro Housecall's scan

Normally I would use Trend Housecall's free online scan and have had difficulty at trying to get the scan to run. The bottom line is (or could have something to do) with java, I think. Because as I had updated or followed trend's lead to java and updated, it still doesn't recognize it, when I re-enter and start the process. Then their site's Help recommended removing prior Housecall's version 6.5, and I thought that might do it, but it doesn't get past the initial hang and it freezes. Also, during the Java check, it's not satified by the check, as it will flip the info. box that in order to run the scan, yoiu need to pay attention to the message in it. (Ok, well repeat the above chorus)..
    Also, since Java doesn't delete or uninstall automatically, the older versions, there's quite a build up (at least on my machine) and that itself, seems odd or in the way of the scan being able to recognize the proper java.
    as "really" being the current or the one
    that they recommend but
    isn't able to recognize or pass on to the take-off and scan process.
    If any suggestions or info. in this one, I appreciate it. Thanks a lot..
    Keith

I have Windows XP ProVersion 2002

w/SP3

and maybe the SP3 is another on the list of disputes or problematic(?)

Message Edited by joeleis on 02-22-2009 11:14 PM

Default Re: using free online Trend micro Housecall's scan

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>joeleis wrote:
    Normally I would use Trend Housecall's free online scan and have had difficulty at trying to get the scan to run. The bottom line is (or could have something to do) with java, I think. Because as I had updated or followed trend's lead to java and updated, it still doesn't recognize it, when I re-enter and start the process. Then their site's Help recommended removing prior Housecall's version 6.5, and I thought that might do it, but it doesn't get past the initial hang and it freezes. Also, during the Java check, it's not satified by the check, as it will flip the info. box that in order to run the scan, yoiu need to pay attention to the message in it. (Ok, well repeat the above chorus)..Also, since Java doesn't delete or uninstall automatically, the older versions, there's quite a build up (at least on my machine) and that itself, seems odd or in the way of the scan being able to recognize the proper java.as "really" being the current or the onethat they recommend butisn't able to recognize or pass on to the take-off and scan process.If any suggestions or info. in this one, I appreciate it. Thanks a lot..KeithI have Windows XP ProVersion 2002 w/SP3 and maybe the SP3 is another on the list of disputes or problematic(?)

Message Edited by joeleis on 02-22-2009 11:14 PM
    <HR>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm1.) what version of ZoneAlarm and which type of ZoneAlarm are you using?2.) Usual problem with JavaScript is nor prpoerly Configuring Java in Za Program Control, Three Gree Check marks from the left..Verify Your Java Software Installation
    http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

3.) You can Delete Multiple Entries in Za Program Control, Just make sure to Allow and check remember next time you run Java and get a ZA Alert Popup if any Java Application needs to be Re-registered into ZA Program Control..

--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:978744023
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5375
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------</BLOCKQUOTE>
    GeorgeV