Thread: yellow warning triangles with exclamation marks suddenly appeared...

lfnfan Guest

Default yellow warning triangles with exclamation marks suddenly appeared...

has anyone seen something similar to this - my Zonealarm just went weird this evening... yellow -warning-triangles-with-exclamation-marks all over the home page and other screens...

I re-installed latest version of ZoneAlarm but same thing happened.
    Rebooted more than a couple of times as well.

I am also running Norton 2008 and have my XP SP3 firewall turned off.

I ran CCleaner evening before last but didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

NAV, Spybot, Malwarebytes, Rootkit Revealer all show 'no problems' with scans using latest definitions.

Thanks for any assistance

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

wdwd Guest

Default Re: yellow warning triangles with exclamation marks suddenly appeared...

I have just installed ZA 8.0.298 (upgrade from 7) and now have the same problem as you, with yellow triangles containing exclamation marks around the edge of the user interface window.

I have a multi-user set up of XP SP3. I installed ZA using the Windows Administrator account, which uses "Windows Classic" theme, but my normal log on uses the standard XP theme. My normal log on has administrative permissions and has the problem with triangles. The Windows Administrator account, which I used to install ZA is not showing the yellow triangles.

Did you solve your problem, if so how did you do it?

Message Edited by wdwd on 04-29-2009 10:19 AM

wdwd Guest

Default Re: yellow warning triangles with exclamation marks suddenly appeared...

The "!" triangles have gone away. All I did was reboot.

lfnfan Guest

Hiya
    it's not very scientific, but I think that's what solved it for me in the end as well.

After ignoring the "!"s and
    probably six or seven more reboots during the normal course of business,
    ZA seemed to just sort itself out.
    Weird.
    Anyway, glad it was not just my setup suffering the yellow "!"s
    cheers

Thread Information