Thread: One small thing that could be useful in zonealarm

deleria Guest

Default One small thing that could be useful in zonealarm

Have a small independent and Invisible program that ALWAYS runs and protects the zonealarm directory from deletion, or expand that into a hardware-wide file protection. Just in case any malware shuts down any zonealarm process(coughcoughWinstationterminate&Zwtermin ateprocesscough) or a user is frustrated and shuts it off and Oops where did zonealarm go?
    You can have it generate a random name or have a bunch of useless data that it randomizes every time it runs too.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: One small thing that could be useful in zonealarm

This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or www.zonealarm.com/support/ click on Live Chat IconZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stupefy Guest

Starting with the Version 8 Series of the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, Self Protection has been
    Further Hardened to Protect the ZoneAlarm Directories and Other Areas of ZoneAlarm. You may read about
    the Self Protection, Security, Stability, and Other Improvements to the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite here:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...ml#8.0.015.000
    From there, Scroll Upwards to View and Read the Progression of the Version 8 Series

zaswing Guest

Deleria,
    As stupefy said, read the release histories.
    But my take on the matter is that short of dynamite nothing can kill ZA, old and new.
    Oh, you may not see the GUI icon, but that's just inconvenience, the drivers and important things are there from power on to power off.
    It really takes some doing to even stop the service running.
    And often just an attempt to, for instance, look at the logs or any other directory or file owned by ZA, is logged as invasion by explorer.

If you set your alerts high, if you log evrything, and if your 'protect even if client is not running' setting is on you will see what we mean when you read said logs.

Is it impossible to kill ZA? Nothing is, proof-of-concept items have been written, yet in real life nothing happens.
    So don't worry.

stupefy Guest

Amen to that zaswing.....
    ZoneAlarm not only Logs those Events as an Invasion, ZoneAlarm Outright Blocks Them.....
    Not long ago, just when Version 8.0.015.000 was first Released and Version 7.0.483.000 was Entering
    its Last Days Technology Wise.....Both Versions were giving me Nightmares to Install and Run.....
    Subsequent Versions Exhibited No Improvement, an in Some Instances, Worse.....
    I finally gave up at Version 8.0.059.000 and set out on an Search for an Alternative Security Suite.
    I have Installed and Scrutinized Every Major Security Product Out There.....
    ZoneAlarm is In Fact the Only Security Product out there that Gets It Right and is Configured as Security
    Should Be Configured and Enforced.....
    Well, after Several Months, I Ended by Uninstalling the Last Possible Major Security Product out there.....
    All of these Major Security Products in My Opinion Do Not Measure Up to ZoneAlarm.....I sat back in my Swivel Chair
    and thought to myself "What the )))))BLEEP((((( am I going to do now.....I have No Security Software....."
    At that moment, I don't know what made me do it, but I did, I clicked on My Link to the ZoneAlarm Release History
    Web Page for the Internet Security Suite.....AND LOW AND BEHOLD THERE SAT VERSION 8.0.298.000
    Suddenly the Entire Universe Light Up.....I Downloaded and Installed Version 8.0.298.000 and Have Not Experienced
    Any Problems To Date.....
    When ZoneAlarm is Working, Its Working.....When ZoneAlarm is Not Working, Its Not Working.....
    Just have to wait it out till the Fix is Compiled and Published that's all.

Thread Information