Thread: Doing a reset with firefox 3.07 installed and zonealarm extreme.

samlar Guest

Default Doing a reset with firefox 3.07 installed and zonealarm extreme.

I did a zonealarm reset today on my zonealarm extreme and after that firefox 3.07 no longer showed the zonealarm extreme toolbar and it was not in the lower right hand corner either. I tried stopping and restarting zonealarm, forcefield and the computer nothing worked. Went to forcefield advanced setting and cleared virtual data no help just lost my bookmarks in firefox, glad I had them backed up. Removed and reinstalled firefox no help. Did a normal uninstall for zonealarm and reinstalled now I have my taskbar back. Just thought I would pass this along. I would of thought the zonealarm reset would have not caused the problem with firefox but it did.

Default Re: Doing a reset with firefox 3.07 installed and zonealarm extreme.

Hi!Usually its enough to clear the virtual data and in case of problem follow this procedure:http://forum.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/...essage.id=1108Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

samlar Guest

Yes I would have thought so to but clearing the data only caused firefox to loose its bookmarks and home page. I have not used the reset in zonelarm much so this is not much of a problem for me.

Hi!yes, the link I have gave you will help you toremove a corrupted Firefox and reinstall without loosing the bookmarks.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information