Thread: Wireless Connection crashs everytime you open ZA Security Suite 8.059.000

dclavergne Guest

Default Wireless Connection crashs everytime you open ZA Security Suite 8.059.000

New computer ... Vista (Home premium version)
    Home network -- all works fine on the other laptops, etc with Vista and this verstion of ZA
    Once connected to the home network -- all is fine.
    Click on the padlock to "stop all internet activity" --- the issue is when I want to get back online, and I then click the padlock again to release the block --- my wireless connection gets disconnected.
    I can see my wireless network (in view all networks) and when I attempt to re-connect ... it does not happen.
    I must re-boot and when I do the home network is connected and all is fine.
    THe problem is ... when I engage the padlock (which I why I purchased ZA) and then dis-engage the padlock, I lose my wireless connection for this PC ... and MUST re-bbot every time.
    Is there a setting to override this issue?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

stupefy Guest

Default Re: Wireless Connection crashs everytime you open ZA Security Suite 8.059.000

Try this:
    Upgrade to the latest version v8.0.298.000
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    Most if not all of the Bugs have been worked out
    Make sure you have Microsoft.NET Framework (1.1) (2.0) (3.5)
    Available through Microsoft Windows Critical Updates and Optional Updates

dclavergne Guest

Default Re: Wireless Connection crashs everytime you open ZA Security Suite 8.0.298.000

Thanks ... I have the most recent which was made available last month whihc is 8.0.298.000
    I still have the same issue

stupefy Guest

Default Re: Wireless Connection crashs everytime you open ZA Security Suite 8.0.059.000

I navigated you to the wrong page.....I apologize.....
    The Current Vista Version for the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite is v8.0.059.000
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html
    What through me off was you stating that when you "Click on the padlock to "stop all internet activity""
    (there is no padlock icon in the version 8 series) of which lead be to believe you were running an older version,
    or the wrong version on Vista.....
    Windows XP = v8.0.298.000
    Windows Vista = v8.0.059.000
    If the ZoneAlarm Version Installed for Vista is correct, then the only other thing I can think of is that the Wireless
    Connection is Dropping Off after you Engage the 'Internet Lock'
    It may be Dropping Off because the DHCP License (IP Address) the Router is assigning to the Computer is Expiring
    during the time the ZoneAlarm 'Internet Lock' is Active.....therefore when you Disengage the 'Internet Lock'
    there is no Valid IP Address for the Computer, because the Current IP Address has Expired.....Rebooting the
    Computer Renews the IP Address.....
    There are two things you can do to troubleshoot this problem:
    Try this first:
    (1) After you Disengage the 'Internet Lock' and there is no Wireless Connection, try Repairing the Connection
    by RightClicking the Network Icon down by the System Clock and Choose Repair
    If this works you can simply repair the connection each time.....OR
    (2) Assign the Computer an Static IP Address Outside the DHCP Range of the Router
    To do this you will need to configure the Router to assign IP Addresses to an Specific Range
    192.168.1.211 to 192.168.1.215 for example (for 5 devices)
    Then assign an Static IP Address to the Computer under the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties
    IP Address = 192.168.1.111
    Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway = (IP Address of the Router) (192.168.1.1 for example)
    Preferred DNS Server = (IP Address of the Router) (192.168.1.1 for example)
    Alternate DNS Server = the DNS Server of your Internet Provider (can be found in the Router Pages)
    Or use OpenDNS as the Alternate or Preferred and Alternate DNS Servers
    Primary Address = 68.87.75.194
    Secondary Address = 68.87.64.146
    More on OpenDNS:
    http://www.opendns.com/
    It is possible to use OpenDNS without an Account

Default Re: Wireless Connection crashs everytime you open ZA Security Suite 8.0.059.000

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>stupefy wrote:
    The Current Vista Version for the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite is v8.0.059.000
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, there is an error in the ZA history page... the current version is v8.0.298.000
    You can always download the latest version here: www.zonealarm.com/trialCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information