Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Beta

bobps Guest

Default Internet Explorer 8 Beta

Is IE8 supported by ZoneAlarm? If not, when? If so, is it safe to download and use now?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>BobPS wrote:
    Is IE8 supported by ZoneAlarm? If not, when? If so, is it safe to download and use now?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>MS IE8 is still in BETA Testing, so use at your own Risk..Here is a ComputerWorld Link on MS IE8 Beta..http://computerworld.com/action/arti...icleId=9113739Thank you for your Feedback to the ZoneAlarm User Forum,..There are Over 60 Million Users of 32-Bit ZoneAlarm World Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    We are All Users Here, ZA Tech Support and Custmer Service do notRead this Forum..There two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958233226
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4505
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

molloy Guest

I've read the Help sections on Private Messages a number of times but can't figure out how to send one!

This isn't the place to ask for assistance with that, but I can't figure out how to contact anyone (like a Moderator) individually.
    &quot;Help&quot; says that there is a link to Private Messages at the top of the page if I have an account and am logged in.
    I have an account, and am logged in, but I see no link to Private Messenger anywhere.
    Not even in the Dashboard, where &quot;Help&quot; also said there would be a link.
    The Boards in the Forum that seem to fit this topic are all &quot;Read Only&quot; boards.
    Can you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks!!!Molloy

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Internet Explorer 8

Article: Hands-on with IE8: A giant step for Microsoft - click here &gt; http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4...g==mncol;posts

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-22-2009 11:23 PM

naivemelody Guest

Default Molloy, no private messages allowed

This is an 'open public forum' where discussions of ZA products and it's interaction with other software/ hardware
    are questioned, evaluated and issues 'hopefully resolved.' Disregard the links for private messages and it's <strike>use</strike>.<hr>You've posted questions in the past, so go ahead a write yourself a 'new message post' in the apppropriate board. You can ask for replies from certain other users or moderators; but they are no obliged to answer - it's their discretion and if they're actually here to read it { most of us SeniorContributors and Gurus = are &quot;free-lance&quot; volunteers, not ZA employees or ZA tech staff - we don't get paid, and we are not 9 to 5 or 'contracted' to come to this ZA forum - everyday }.<hr>

We've created the ZoneAlarm User Forum to provide a way for users of ZoneAlarm firewalls to help each other get more out of the leading personal firewall. You do not need to register in order to access the User Forum, but if you'd like to post a question or reply, you do need to register with us. Please note that you must be 13 years of age or older to register with the ZoneAlarm User Forum.

To enter the User Forum, please signify your agreement to the terms below by clicking the &quot;I accept these terms&quot; button. You should also review the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for the User Forum.

The ZoneAlarm User Forum is hosted by a third party and contains information and material posted by other users which you may find useful in learning about ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Plus, and ZoneAlarm Pro. If you choose to visit the ZoneAlarm User Forum, you will be required to agree to its Terms of Use and your use of the ZoneAlarm User Forum will be subject to such Terms of Use. ZoneAlarm does not monitor the ZoneAlarm User Forum. Any opinions, advice, statements, or other information expressed or made available as part of the ZoneAlarm User Forum are those of the respective users and not of ZoneAlarm. ZoneAlarm neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, statement or other information set forth on the ZoneAlarm User Forum. ZoneAlarm makes no representations as to the level of knowledge or expertise of users who may post content on the ZoneAlarm User Forum. ZONEALARM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THE ZoneAlarm User Forum OR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THE ZoneAlarm User Forum. ZONEALARM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE ZoneAlarm User Forum, INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 8-31-08 - I've Gotta Get A Message To You - The Bee Gees

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Molloy wrote:
    I've read the Help sections on Private Messages a number of times but can't figure out how to send one! This isn't the place to ask for assistance with that, but I can't figure out how to contact anyone (like a Moderator) individually."Help" says that there is a link to Private Messages at the top of the page if I have an account and am logged in.I have an account, and am logged in, but I see no link to Private Messenger anywhere. Not even in the Dashboard, where "Help" also said there would be a link.The Boards in the Forum that seem to fit this topic are all "Read Only" boards.Can you point me in the right direction?Thanks!!!Molloy,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Molloy;Senior Contributor NaiveMelody, (one of our Best Contributors, BTW) has explained the Forum User privileges in a nut shell..I'll try to add a few finer points I high-lited in your Message..1.) THIS is not a CHAT FORUM, as Senior Contributor NaiveMelody Mentioned, "This is an 'open public forum' where discussions of ZA products and it's interaction with other software/ hardwareare questioned, evaluated and issues 'hopefully resolved.' Disregard the links for private messages and it's <STRIKE>use</STRIKE>."2.) Private Messages, this Feature has been Turned OFF by a Checkpoint Employee due to Extensive Abuse by Users, if you look down at the bottom right of any trend section there are several LOGO's one is "Powered by Lithium" that is the owner of the Forum Software used by Checkpoint and many other Forums on the internet, so the Forum Help files may include features that are Turned FF by respective Forum Moderators..3.) Read Only Board, like the Helpful Hints and Tips section and the Official Information Section are Locked so that Uses can Read those Sections, but can not Post in those sections..4.) You will occasionally find other Topics through out the Forum that have been Locked or Marked Read Only, this is done to prevent "High Jacking" a Topic..If you have a question or a problem Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> Because even if your problem sounds similar to others, a solution to your problem may be different due to difference in Software, Computer Brand, OS, and Version numbers..5.) What is High Jacking?If you have a question or a problem Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> as a matter of courtesy and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules, require each User to Please starttheir own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem,When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to you problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..That is why you were asked Not to Hi-Jack somebody else's Request for Help, and to Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> Thank you in advance for you Cooperation in this matter..I Hope I have fully explained why this is not a Chat Forum and no Private Messages..Please post back if you need more help..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

molloy Guest

GeorgeV,
    Message gratefully received and understood.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to explain these things to me, especially the fact that Private Messages had been turned off.
    My computing started with DOS 2.1 and the number of problems I've seen solved since then left me frustrated that although the Help section clearly spelled out how to send a Private Message I couldn't manage it!!!
    I posted to this forum, and to you, only as a last resort.
    But a new thread would have been the way to go.
    So thanks again!!
    Molloy
    -- No reply necessary...

molloy Guest

Default Re: Molloy, no private messages allowed

Thanks, NaiveMelody,
    Points clearly made, and well understood.
    Thanks for taking the time to deal with my inappropriate posting.
    Having seen computing problems solved since DOS 2.1 I was baffled by the presence of Private Messaging in &quot;Help&quot; but no way to carry out the instructions.
    A fresh new post would have been the way to go.
    Thanks again!!
    Molloy
    --- No reply necessary...

bobps Guest

GeorgeV, thank you for your comments. I understand and will try your suggestions for getting in touch with ZA folks to put the question to them. I'm interested in getting some sort of qualitative answer to my initial question such as maybe &quot;yes, we're working with seeing how to support IE8 when it's delivered, but for now it's a moving target and we don't feel you can yet use ZA with IE8 beta with enough consistency to warrant risking downloading IE8 beta yet&quot;.
    While there are enough interesting features in IE8 beta to lure me into trying it, I don't want to enter the experiment with two major unknowns: IE8 beta AND ZA.
    NaiveMelody, I also appreciate your cautions and comments as well as your taking the trouble to respond.
    In the meantime, if there are others who've already taken the risk, I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences.
    Thanks to you again,Bob K.

superassist Guest

Keeping to the stream on Internet Explorer 8 - it's now out of beta, full release ... and Forcefield keeps &quot;having problems with stabiliy&quot; of it - and closing IE8 down!
    So - without private messaging - how do we bring to the attention of ZoneAloarm that Forcefield isn't coping with IE8 NON-beta?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information