Thread: vsmon Intermittently Turning On And Off In Task Manager

dogbreathone Guest

Default vsmon Intermittently Turning On And Off In Task Manager

XP SP3. ZA Free Firewall.

I've had a problem with internet connectivity. After browsing for a while in either Firefox or Internet Explorer, the connection fails.

I had yesterday tried uninstalling ZA because the UI was not launching. The tooltip over the ZA icon in the system tray read, "Protection is up, UI is initializing". I could not access the ZA UI. I used RevoUninstaller to remove ZA with the intention of doing a clean install, but the reinstall resulted in the same tooltip message.

I used System Restore to get me back to normality and although internet access is good initially, it ceases after 15 minutes or so.

The current status of ZA is that the system tray icon is not visible (and cannot be launched from Start>All Programs), but zlclient.exe is running in Task Manager. Also in Task Manager, vsmon appears and disappears about every second or so!

Help required, please.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: vsmon Intermittently Turning On And Off In Task Manager

Hi!see here below on how to remove ZA manually.System restore can corrupt ZA, it isnot really recommended.I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000) Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dogbreathone Guest

Default Re: vsmon Intermittently Turning On And Off In Task Manager

Thanks for the reply. Completely uninstalled now and internet connection working fine. Am reluctant to reinstall ZA, but I'll consider it later.

Cheers,

db

Thread Information