Thread: Can't Access ZA panel

worenx Guest

Default Can't Access ZA panel

Okay, I just upgraded today. I restarted when it prompted me to, and when I logged back in, I couldn't access the ZoneAlarm panel AT ALL. My computer says the firewall's running, and that's good, but I want to be able to SEE what's going on, or if I need to change a setting. The ZA and Traffic icons aren't in my Start tray, and the ZA icon on my desktop doesn't open anything! Agh, I'm so confused and I dunno where else to turn to. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I'm just so nervous is all, what with Conficker C running around... Can someone please help me?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

worenx Guest

Default Re: Can't Access ZA panel

Agh! And now it's not scanning! I set it to scan at 2, it usually starts promptly at 2, but it isn't... Agggh, I need help fast...

stupefy Guest

Try Uninstalling ZoneAlarm from Windows Add or Remove Programs
    Then Re-Install ZoneAlarm

worenx Guest

It won't let me uninstall. It says I don't have access because I'm not an administrator account or something to that effect, but I AM an administrative account. And then it says it can't access the DLL library... Uggh... I don't understand what to do...

stupefy Guest

Try this:
    Shut the Computer Completely Down
    Restart the Computer into Safe Mode through the Administrator Account Only, Always.
    After the Safe Mode Administrator Account Stabilizes, don't do anything, just wait till it Stabilizes
    Then Open Windows Explorer
    Navigate to:
    C:\Program Files
    Click on the Program Files FolderClick on the Zone Labs FolderClick on the ZoneAlarm FolderClick on the Windows FolderClick on the System32 FolderClick on the ZoneLabs Folder
    Then Scroll to the Top of Windows Explorer and Click on the My Documents Folder
    Close Windows Explorer
    Reboot the Computer
    Try to Uninstall ZoneAlarm Again
    Clicking on these Folders in the Safe Mode Administrator Account might give the Administrators
    Ownership of the Files through the NTFS Permissions
    If this does not work you can try Reinstalling right over top the existing Installation and choose Clean Install

Thread Information