Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I keep trying to download update and it keeps sending me to download the program again

dahone Guest

Default I keep trying to download update and it keeps sending me to download the program again

Hello there,
    I am running windows xp home edition
    with this version of ZA freeZoneAlarm version:8.0.065.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.065.000
    Driver version:8.0.065.000
    i keep getting a notice that there is an update available but when I go to download the update the only thing that is available is pre-installer application zasetup_en.exe.,
    which when downloaded and ran, starts to download the full program again., I am not getting access to a file for update.
    please help.,
    signed., helpless.,

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

stupefy Guest

Default Re: I keep trying to download update and it keeps sending me to download the program again

Download zasetup_en.exe to My Documents
    Double Click zasetup_en.exe choosing the Windows XP Version and Download to My Documents
    Navigate to:
    ZoneAlarm Interface/Overview/Preferences/General/ -and Disable 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup'
    Close the ZoneAlarm Interface
    Right Click the ZoneAlarm Icon down by the System Clock and Choose 'Shut Down ZoneAlarm'
    Reboot the Computer and Log into the Administrative Account where ZoneAlarm is Installed
    Disable Any and All Other Security Software (Reboot again if Required or Necessary to Disable)
    Disable the Windows Firewall
    Install the Second Download through Windows Add or Remove Programs and Choose 'Clean Install'
    Choose Only the Free Firewall, Allow to Scan for Applications, and Allow to Setup Network Automatically

dahone Guest

Default Re: I keep trying to download update and it keeps sending me to download the program again

thank you for your help, but your second download instructions are not working, please explain more of this process., I am currently with out firewall protection., when i followed your instructions, it turned out that I uninstalled my first zonealarm program., I followed instructions but it did not go as you discribed.

stupefy Guest

Please Elaborate on the Problem/s you encountered.....

dahone Guest

you said to
    Install the Second Download through Windows Add or Remove Programs and Choose 'Clean Install'
    Choose Only the Free Firewall, Allow to Scan for Applications, and Allow to Setup Network Automatically
    and that "clean install" is not available under add/remove programs., the only thing that happen was the program was removed from my computer

stupefy Guest

You should have two (2) ZoneAlarm Files in My Documents
    One of them is zasetup_en.exe
    What is the Name of the Second ZoneAlarm File?

dahone Guest

zaZASetup_en

stupefy Guest

Here is the Easiest Way Out of this Confusion.....
    Download the Latest ZoneAlarm Free Here and Save to My Documents:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    Double Click zaSetup_80_298_000_en.exe
    Follow the Prompts
    Choose 'Clean Install'

EDITED: Direct Download of ZoneAlarm Free:http://dl4.zonealarm.com/u/dlr/bin/f...298_000_en.exe

Message Edited by stupefy on 04-07-2009 01:57 AM

dahone Guest

I never received these options
    Choose 'Clean Install'
    but the software is installed and running on my computer.,
    can I delete the other two items in my document folderzasetup_en.exe and zaZASetup.exe???

stupefy Guest

Yes, you may delete the other two items in the My Document Folder:
    zasetup_en.exe and zaZASetup.exe
    I am Pleased that you are up and running again.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information