Thread: Tech Support Time

Hybrid View

medukie Guest

Default Tech Support Time

I've had a problem with the junk mail filter posted to the appropriate area of this forum for some time without resolution; so, I submitted the tech support form for assistance. That was a week ago. Does anyone
    know if they actually respond and, if so, how long it takes? I've seen the notice about the Dakota's, but would think a week would be sufficient time to get a response.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

stupefy Guest

Default Re: Tech Support Time

Can you point me to the Thread?
    I also have an few Issues Submitted.....been five workdays now.....just going to have to wait it out.....

medukie Guest

ZA Tech support always answer, if you do not get an answer it may meanthat ISP or your E-mail system has junked the response,Check your Junkmail folder.Use Internet Explorer to submit thefull details of your problem and if you do not get an Auto-generated confirmation email .. Use a free e-mail like hotmail or Gmail as contact address You should receive an automatic confirmation response by ZA after 5-20 minutes with your ticket number.If you have not received it then your ISP has junked it or Bounced it back to Zonealarm...A reply from Tech Support usually takes 2-4 days depending on workloads..ZA technical support can be reached here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform--------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

medukie Guest

My ISP leaves a substantial number of filtered e-mails available as pending. I went back through the last week and found that there was NO automatic confirmation received. I did find the actual response, somewhat coincidentally dated yesterday. Maybe someone there actually monitors the content of the forum. I will be putting their recommendations into effect this weekend with hopes of solving my problem, but have to say I'm not impressed with the level of tech support. I guess I'm just lucky that I've not had problems before this.

medukie Guest

Well - I tried the recommendations from Tech Support to no avail. This was just the basic complete uninstall/reinstall routine. I've notified them of my lack of a solution and now am awaiting their response - hopefully not another week.

My apologies!"Important notice to ZoneAlarm customers
    <DIV class=headblack2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px">The severe weather conditions in North Dakota have reduced our response time to technical support and customer service emails and chats.

Thank you for your patience while we work to respond to all the emails and answer your chat questions. "
    GeorgeV

medukie Guest

Well, I guess I'm done with ZoneAlarm. I suppose I should be thankful that I got a number of years of good service from the software but this problem with tech support - if you can actually call it that - is enough to send me elsewhere. I'm just glad that my data subscription is almost expired. I have to say that in more than 20 years of PC use, I've NEVER had such a pathetic experience with tech support. I finally got through to someone in authority at Check Point and was asked how I got through to her, as it's there policy to NEVER let the public make actual contact with anyone there! Unbelievable. I was finally told that the only way they could attempt to diagnose the problem was by reviewing my error logs - and that it was unlikely even then that they would be able to figure it out because they 'have very few diagnostic tools for the spam filter'. I suppose this is because they don't write that part of the software, but simply integrate it into ZoneAlarm. My last e-mail response to them explained that the error log reporting portion of the software does not complete the transfer of data to them and that, if they would help me solve THAT problem, I would be glad to send the logs in. I NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD FROM THEM!
    Good luck folks - guess I have to research alternatives.

My apologies or your delema..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    and Tech Support by Email is very time consuming..CheckPoint has Developed a New Faster LIVE Chat Tech Support option for Users with a License Key..Live Chat mode : http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htmJust Click on the "LIVE HELP" Icon durring Business hours..Please give that a try before giving up on ZoneAlarm..Please post back and let us know how that worked out for you..

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 06-03-2009 08:27 AM
    GeorgeV

Thread Information