Thread: A few notable questions that I had been wondering about.

help_required Guest

Default A few notable questions that I had been wondering about.

What happens if you shutdown, not realizing an auto-update is currently in progress?
    What happens if the Truevector monitor shuts down? Is the entire firewall good as dead or is it still protecting, although a bit less?
    Will a scheduled scan begin on the next boot up if you missed it or will it only begin the same time next week?

Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: A few notable questions that I had been wondering about.

1. If auto-update is interrupted it will restart at your next bootup2.The Truevector SERVICE is the heart of the firewall so if it is not running your protection is down. You should not consider yourself protected if the True Vector service is not running.3.The user guide for ZASS states..."If your computer is not on when the scheduled scan is set to occur, the scan will occur fifteen minutes after your computer is restarted"

help_required Guest

Default Re: A few notable questions that I had been wondering about.

Thanks, I've completely forgot about these questions I asked ages ago, also, under what circumstances do ZASS usually crash? I posted these questions ages ago when my ZASS randomly crashed giving me true vector errors and would like to know how to prevent it once and for all.

Also, is there not a way to disable automatic anti virus and spyware updates without ZASS giving a big red ugly X in a box warning implying you're clueless and stupid? You have to enter advance settings to manually disable automatic updates, I don't see why they think you wouldn't know that it's disabled.

Thread Information