Thread: ZA crashes when I try to set Program Control to Auto

vode Guest

Default ZA crashes when I try to set Program Control to Auto

I don't know if it's connected but I've only noticed this happening since I installed IE8. I've already reported to to ZoneAlarm support, but thought I'd post something here in case anyone else is having the same problem. The other strange thing is, even though Program Control is stuck on Max and I've installed new stuff, I'm not getting any alerts. I'm beginning to wonder
    if it may
    actually be on Auto but it's being displayed as being on Max.
    Before anyone asks, I unistalled ZAISS, cleaned it all out of Windows\System32 and Program Files and the registry then ran Ccleaner before re-installing 8.0.298.035. Problem was still there.
    My version info is:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 8.0.298.035
    TrueVector security engine version 8.0.298.035
    Driver version 8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version 6.0.2.678, DAT file version 983722715
    Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.209.0, DAT file version 01.200904.5815
    AntiSpam version 6.0.0.1429Running on XP pro SP3
    And this is what I sent to ZA support:
    Yesterday I installed Internet Explorer 8 and I expected to get a lot of program alerts so I opened Zone Alarm and moved the Program Control slider from Max to Auto. When I did this Zone Alarm crashed.
    At first I assumed that it was a problem caused by a bad IE8 install, so I uninstalled IE8 and ZAISS and then re-installed both. The problem has not gone away, ZA still crashes.The details from the Microsoft error report are:
    Error signature - EventType:BEX P1:zlclient.exe P2:8.0.298.35 P3:49d2cf10 P4:framewrk.dll P5:8.0.298.35 P6:49d2cf0c P7:00097a41 P8:c0000409 P9:00000000
    Reporting details - This error report includes: information regarding the condition of ZoneAlarm Client when the problem occured, the operating systen version and computer hardware in use, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.
    I also have the following two files, which I can send to you if you require:
    zlclient.exe.mdmp and appcompat.txt

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

vode Guest

Default Re: ZA crashes when I try to set Program Control to Auto

Something else I've just found out, this only happens when I'm logged on as an administrator. As an ordinary user everythings fine.

Thread Information