Thread: Guest Account Problem

vicdaz Guest

Default Guest Account Problem

I have been using ZA versions 8.0.065 and earlier with no problems. On upgrading to the latest version, when I log into the Guest Account (Windows XP, SP3) I get the message "To protect ZoneAlarm security settings from unauthorized access, ZoneAlarm is not supported on guest account". When I reinstalled version 8.0.065 I can use the Guest Account with no problem and ZA is running OK.

Will this problem be solved in later updates to ZA?

Vicdaz

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Guest Account Problem

<blockquote><hr>vicdaz wrote:
    I have been using ZA versions 8.0.065 and earlier with no problems. On upgrading to the latest version, when I log into the Guest Account (Windows XP, SP3) I get the message &quot;To protect ZoneAlarm security settings from unauthorized access, ZoneAlarm is not supported on guest account&quot;. When I reinstalled version 8.0.065 I can use the Guest Account with no problem and ZA is running OK.

Will this problem be solved in later updates to ZA?

Vicdaz
    <hr></blockquote>My apologies!

I never had that problem..

We
    cannot say -
    We are all User Here and do not work or represent Zonelabs or Checkpoint, thus no inside information is given to me personally.

You
    should contact Customer Support and express your
    concern and problem
    or contact Technical Support for further advice on the use of the Zone Alarm.

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...st_service.jsp

https://www.zonealarm.com/store/cont...ch_support.jsp

---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:984918360
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.5935
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------

vicdaz Guest

Thank you Prof for your reply. I now realise that ZA don't respond to these postings. I also forgot to say that I am using the free version and so ZA don't offer any support. I may try posting on the Microsoft NGs. I think that this isn't a common problem.

Charles_B Guest

You could type &quot; Fast User Switching or Guest Account &quot; in Red Search button and see if you can find an answer.

Have no other suggestions to provide you other that this.

Good Luck
    Have a nice Day

vicdaz Guest

Thanks for your suggenstions. I have already tried them out to no avail.
    I think that I will now give MS NGs a go.

vicdaz Guest

Thanks to those who responded to my post. I think that I now have the answer to my own question and realise that I did not look quite far enough into it on my PC.

When booted into the Guest account I have now looked under Control Panel\Security Center and find that ZA is indeed running as the Firewall. I think that all the error message is actually saying is that the Guest cannot access the ZA settings, which is just the same as with previous verions of ZA. But previously the System Tray icon appeared but did nothing when clicked on and no error message was displayed. The wording &quot;ZoneAlarm is not supported on guest accounts.&quot; mislead me into believing that it doesn't work while using the guest account.

vicdaz

Thread Information