Thread: uninstall tool

chump Guest

Default uninstall tool

I need the uninstall tool the AV software. Does anyone have a link to it?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: uninstall tool

Hi!you will find the ZA removal tool here:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeOr the complete manual procedure here:I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000) If you search the board you will also find other ways to remove (a combination of the above), for example, here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=86638Please note that ZAdoes not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, Trojan Hunter, Win Patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, Avas t free, NOD, TrendMicro, Kaspersky, Rising, PC doctorand manyothers. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZA is working as it should.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

chump Guest

Thanks for the info.
    The plan is to get rid of ZoneAlarm I have had ZA firewall for years and the AV for 1 year. I am tired of dealing with it, it's lame like most AV software. It does more harm than good. It's better to just deal with the viruses. At least your not paying to have your machine hosed. I told TrendMicro I would rather have any virus out there than their AV software. It's ridiculous what AV software does to the machines it's installed on. You basically willing install malware when you use AV software. It gotten out that bad.

Question: Why do developers hate the people that buy there software?

Hi!I understand your frustration about security software, unfortunately I am just a user like you.No ZA staff monitor this board nor this board has afunction of a complainingoffice.We are just users helping other users on ZA product related issues. For what it counts ZA works very well here If you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform or the ZA customer support: www.zonealarm.com/csform Support is also available via live chat. See link in my signature....andbest ofluck with your search of a new security tool.I close this thread, please do not hesitate to open a new thread if you need any futher help on ZA product related issues.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 05-25-2009 04:37 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information