Thread: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

bobfrombrooklyn Guest

Default BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have just installed Zone Alarm Internet Security on a new laptop (Lenovo G530) running Vista Business SP1. I get this BSOD every time I allow PMHandler.exe to monitor user activities, from a Zone Alarm alert shortly after Zone Alarm launches at startup. No BSOD if I deny PMHandler.exe access, but I do get this BSOD sporadically at other times, for example, when I am running the 1st anti-virus scan, and also sometimes before Zone Alarm launches at startup. I don't get the BSOD after uninstalling Zone Alarm. I have ZAIS installed on 2 other PCs, running XP Pro, and have not had any problems since installing ZAIS on these PCs 1 1/2 years ago. I have tried turning off UAC and Windows Defender, in case they are responsible for conflicts, but that doesn't eliminate the BSOD.

Any suggestions for other approaches to eliminate the BSOD?

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL --> LENOVO Power Management

Hi!see here belowthe same problem... just prevent the PMHandler.exe to start to avoid problems.http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=33246You may want to contact ZA technical support to report the issue. Link in my signature.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information