Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install Zonealarm On Vista without Service pack

coolvibes Guest

Default Install Zonealarm On Vista without Service pack

I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista home OemIt work Great as long as it is as it come from FactoryAfter upgrading to Sp1 I got some problems releated to memory and security permissionThe problems was so anoying i decided not to upgrade to service packs atleast until later when new Sp are releasedSo i uninstalled Vista sp1
    Despite the recomendations
    of installing the latest Service pack that is not always the best on Windows OEM laptopsthat are tested to work in a certain way from factories.
    So my decision
    is to atleast for now not install any Service packand run Vista As it is when i got the laptop which then run stable.
    I been using Zonealarm since 1998 for my firewall but run into my Big Mayor problem nowthe newest version of zonealarm try to force you to install Service pack first something that is not a option for me.
    How can i get Zonealarm to install without it ask me about Service pack.
    I guess i have to use a old version but what version is then best ?
    And while using a Old version is a option for now over time it is not goodsince zonealarm will keep developing to hopefully be a better programand i am then stuck on some old versions.
    Please advice , But i dont want to install Service pack yetThe only program that have so far atempted to force me to do this is Zonealarm.
    Yes, i know in time i probaly have to upgrade the service packBut i dont want to do that yet atleast
    So suggestions to use install zonealarm without the service packsI ran into both problems both on Zonealarm pro and freeThanks

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

Message Edited by Coolvibes on 05-01-2009 10:43 AM

Message Edited by Coolvibes on 05-01-2009 10:43 AM

Message Edited by Coolvibes on 05-01-2009 10:44 AM

Default Re: Install Zonealarm On Vista without Service pack

Hi!I am not aware of any particular way of installing the latest ZA on VISTA SP1... sorry.You will need to choose another product.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 05-01-2009 07:55 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

coolvibes Guest

You meant Installing Zonealarm on "without" Sp1 right?because i wanted to install Zonealarm on a Vista home oem wihout Sp1 not one that has Sp1 on it

Hi!yes, without SP1...Youcould check on your manufacturer web site forhelp oninstallig SP1Cheers,Fax

coolvibes Guest

No, As i said i don't want Sp1 atleast for now so thats not an optionI think the problem is releated to the latest version 8There should be somewhere to disable this feature is not a good idea when you a forced to do a specific upgradejust to make a firewall program work.
    Unless the program is made in a way thats impossible to make it work unless the Sp1 is installedbut even then Checkpoint (the guys that adquired Zone labs) should do something to make it work without Sp1
    So if there is no absolute way get Zonealarm 8 to work without Sp1 on vistaI guess relying on Old Zonealarm software is the only solution for now?
    If that is the only way to still use Zonealarm (if you dont want install sp1)then What Old version of Zonealarm pro and free can you recomend?

Hi!ZA 8 does not support SP1.May be the last ZA that support VISTA without SP1 is ZA version 7.1http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...078_000_en.exeCheers,Fax

coolvibes Guest

Thanks... but now im confusedYou say Zonealarm 8 don't supourt SP1 or did you mean
    Zonealarm 8 only suport Sp1?
    And Zonealarm 7 i think work without Sp1 thanks for that link

Message Edited by Coolvibes on 05-01-2009 11:57 AM

Hi!sorry made a mistake... I meant ZA 8 does not support VISTA pre-SP1 Cheers,Fax

coolvibes Guest

Ok thanks for the answer.I hope ZA can still keep Zonealarm 7.1 around for
    us that are in same situation pre-Sp
    I will use the older version some time and then decide upon what to doI have only experience with Zonealarm in firewalls so i dont realy want to change over to another programafter 10 years using zonealarm but i see what happens.Sp2 is upon to be released soon maybe it will improve my situation in near future

Message Edited by Coolvibes on 05-02-2009 11:09 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Coolvibes wrote:
    Sp2 is upon to be released soon maybe it will improve my situation in near future<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Indeed... not really good to run an unpatched OS...Cheers,Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information