Thread: Invalid license - how to contact ZoneLabs?

antjones Guest

Default Invalid license - how to contact ZoneLabs?

I've just renewed my ZoneAlarm Pro license for another year online and they've sent me the same license key I already had (which has now expired)!
    I'm trying to find some way to contact them to get a proper key.
    Officially the only way seems to be the live chat feature, but that doesn't work - Internet Explorer can't display the webpage.
    I tried emailing customercare@zonealarm.com (where my license/receipt came from) but my email was rejected ("No spam please&quot.
    Is there an email address I can use, or any other way to contact them and get a proper license key?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Invalid license - how to contact ZoneLabs?

Hi!you have all contact details at the following web page: www.zonealarm.com/support/You can contact ZA customer live support, link in my signature.License key will not change, it is updated remotely.Do you have a connection to internet? Are you blocking ZA to connect home?It may take some days before it will connect successfully.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-09-2009 08:41 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

antjones Guest

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I don't see any contact details on there at all apart from the live chat option, which doesn't work.
    The link in your sig is presumably the same live chat feature - it doesn't work for me either.
    Am I missing something obvious?
    Could this be because I'm in the UK?
    www.zonealarm.com/support/
    automatically redirects me to http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...al-support.htm
    - am I seeing the same thing?
    I've renewed several times in the past and always received a different key, which worked straight away.
    Has the system changed?
    My ZoneAlarm Pro is connected to the internet permanently and
    still showing as expired.
    I tried entering the same key again (i.e. the "new" one they sent me) and it tells me it's invalid.
    Is there ANY other way for a UK customer to contact support other than the live chat?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>AntJones wrote:
    Hi, thanks for your reply.I don't see any contact details on there at all apart from the live chat option, which doesn't work. The link in your sig is presumably the same live chat feature - it doesn't work for me either. Am I missing something obvious?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Works perfectly fine here (link withlive chat) and it works also from outside the US.Probably you should try from another system. Is you system free from malware? Are you using an antivirus aside ZAPRO?Please note that ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users here.Cheers,FaxP.S. Since version 8 license key may not change.Days are updated remotely, usually connection to ZA servers is perfomed at boot.

antjones Guest

Thanks very much for your advice, and for clearing up my confusion about non-changing license keys.
    I still don't know why I can't connect to the live chat page
    from my PC, but I was able to do so from another machine.
    I sent them a message via the online form (as the chat was closed at the time) and got an email
    reply quickly.
    Now my license is working - same key, but valid for another year.

You're welcome!glad to hear you sorted it out.But you should check your system for malware or perform some mantainance since its not normal you are not able to connect to ZA.Cheers,Fax

antjones Guest

I've now figured out why I couldn't connect to the chat page!
    I tried running a trace route to the link in your signature, and it got no further than 127.0.0.1 - so I checked my hosts file and found a whole load of entries blocking various spyware/adware sites.
    Among them were the following:
    127.0.0.1 liveperson.net
    127.0.0.1 server.iad.liveperson.net #[Restricted Zone site]
    After removing the second of these, I can now connect to the ZoneAlarm support chat.
    I don't remember what added all these entries to my hosts file, but I have a feeling it may have been SpyBot Search and Destroy.
    Am I safe to assume it is OK to let my PC connect to server.iad.liveperson.net?
    If ZoneAlarm uses it, then I guess it's not dodgy!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>AntJones wrote:
    Am I safe to assume it is OK to let my PC connect to server.iad.liveperson.net?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, it is safe.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information