Thread: "Internet Logs"

wayneout Guest

Default "Internet Logs"

Hello,I am finally getting around to deleting my version 3 ZAP so I caninstall the newer one.In instructions that I have read, you should delete the folder "Internet Logs"under Windows. I have run the add/remove part and I still have a foldercalled Internet Logs.
    It does have "ZALog" entries in it, but it also hassome files like Backup.rdb, rDB29.tmp, etc.
    Are all of these filesconnected with Zone Alarm also? I want to make sure before I delete thewhole folder.
    The folder is a little over 400mb.Thanks,Bill

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:4.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: "Internet Logs"

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>wayneout wrote:
    Are all of these filesconnected with Zone Alarm also? I want to make sure before I delete thewhole folder.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, they are.You can and should remove them before installing the new version.Run the ZA removal tool to be sure ZA is gone from the system:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

wayneout Guest

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the cleaner tool.
    I was using the &quot;search&quot;function with windows and came up with some pf files in prefetch folder. I am notsure what that is, but I will run the cleaner.
    Thanks again.Bill
    Just wanted to add that I ran the cleaner and the filesvsmon.exe-39246213.pfzappro.exe-21aedbcf.pf
    and**bleep**.dat (this file is in system 32)are still there.When I first double clicked on the cleaner file, it said that it couldn't runbecause vsutil.dll was not present, but then it ask me to restart thecomputer. When I restarted the computer, it ask again to run and I didn'tget any error messages.
    Just not sure about the three files that I just mentioned.BillThis system keeps
    changing the file name to
    **bleep** . It is a file that starts with Z and ends in tblDon't know why it changes it to bleep.

Message Edited by wayneout on 06-11-2009 09:59 AM

Message Edited by wayneout on 06-11-2009 10:01 AM

Message Edited by wayneout on 06-11-2009 10:03 AM

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information