Thread: "Utorrent.exe is a malicious program and was prevented from running..."

feck Guest

Default "Utorrent.exe is a malicious program and was prevented from running..."

*sigh*

All of a sudden - no matter what permissions I give uTorrent in Program Settings I get this warning.

I have uTor set to "Super" with full permissions - I was running uTor two days ago with [almost, it's always something with ES] no issues whatsoever.

If I tell ZA to let it run, it ought to let it run - don't ya think? But no.

...and the "more info" page offers nothing in the way of a solution.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: "Utorrent.exe is a malicious program and was prevented from running..."

Hi!Go to ZA program control --> Programs --> Select utorrent program --> Trust Level --> "No enforcement"This way you will turn OFF ZA OS Firewall on that file.Then you should start investigating why you got this.IF the file is 100% clean (upload it to www.virustotal.com) thenit means than ZAfirewallsettings may be corrupted.Thisis typically if you are running other security tools, had hangs/crash recently, youhadcold shutdown (improper shudown) oryou are using system restore.Check your system for malware with MBAM andsuperantispywareas suggested here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787To reset the ZA settings you should do the following:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Then check some basic settings, such as: Your DNS, DHCP and loopback (127.0.0.1) should be set as trusted under the ZA firewall tab --> Zones.Most importantly your trustedzone should be set to MEDIUM and not HIGH.

Cheers, Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-13-2009 11:04 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

feck Guest

Default Re: "Utorrent.exe is a malicious program and was prevented from running..."

I gotta say; that's one thorough response there.

I've saved the txt in case I need it in the future - but for now, the quick fix was to reinstall
    torrent.
    Took just a few seconds =)

Thanks for the comprehensive feedback though [seriously] - I'll see you in a day or two when the next thing happens

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information