Thread: ZA Extreme questions

vhal Guest

Default ZA Extreme questions

I have been using ZA for years and years and im familiar with it and like it. I currently use ZA antivirus and webroot spy sweeper, of which im also a big fan of. Recently though after updating the 2 have started to conflict and its very annoying. I have never been partial to having multiple security programs, but I switched it up cause Norton **bleep**s and the last thing from them i used (system works) just cause more headache than good.

So im considering upgrading to ZA Extreme and ditching my webroot spy sweeper...

Im just curious as to how well ZA's spyware protection works in comparison to webroot..

also... im a little confused on the product purchase page regarding the ZA Extreme...

if i go to say the shop online tab.... it states that ZA extreme is 69.95. . . if i click on the verify link in my ZA programs main screen, it opens up the webpage and theres a link at the bottom that allows me to add extreme, it takes me to the same shopping cart area and has the same product in there for 39.95... just seems odd...

also... whats the deal with the Extended Download Service for 8.95... do you not get definition updates and program updates just for buying the product?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: ZA Extreme questions

Hi Vhal and welcome to the forum:<UL><LI>ZoneAlarm's anti-spyware in addition to the Kaspersky anti-virus provide excellent protection.</LI><LI>ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (ZAX) is $69.95 for all new purchases, which protects up to 3 household machines.</LI><LI>The extended download service is unnecessary as you can always download the latest version from the applicable ZA download page.</LI><LI>Why not give it a try for the fully-functional 15 day trial period, I am sure you will be quite pleased. I highly recommend removing all other security software before installing.</LI><LI>Good luck on whatever you decide and safe computing.</LI>[/list]

NNard

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 8.0.400.020

Charles_B Guest

Default More Information on EXTREME SECURITY

Scroll down to read all ZoneAlarm Stops Attacks Others Miss :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...top-attack.htm

Look under Features, Benefits, How We Compare, and System Requirements :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-security.htm

You can click to expand to Compare All Products :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-software.htm

naivemelody Guest

1- I hope you used the Norton Removal Tool to un-install all of the hard to delete files of Norton - click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    - if you haven't used it, I'd strongly urge you to run this clean up tool. (I've run it twice - and it does help)<hr>2- Webroot is good, but it's getting to big 38+MB/ hard to upgrade
    and good chance it
    may conflict with ZA Extreme. ( I have ZA
    Pro + ForceField + Webroot SpySweeper(plain) =

getting conflicts/ slowdowns with Webroot running; I will let it expire this Oct. 09 - a good 'free' alternative for anti-spyware would be Malwarebytes.org AntiMalware 1.38 or SuperAnti-spyware - both are free 'on-demand' scanners which will not conflict with ZA or ForceField.)
    <hr>3- If you try to purchase ZA Extreme new for the first time it will be $69.95+ but if you are a current subscriber to ZA firewalls &gt; you will offered
    a discounted rate ~

up to $39.95 - and that's what you were offered (because you are a current subscriber/ discount rate determined by which ZA version firewall you have) (Many ZA users are getting emails offering &quot;upgrade level&quot;
    to ZA Extreme at discounted rate).<hr>4 - Extended Download Service - is unnecessary as you can always download the latest version from the applicable ZA download page and use your license key( from purchase).

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 06-17-2009 11:26 PM

Charles_B Guest

Vhal wrote :

also... im a little confused on the product purchase page regarding the ZA Extreme...

if i go to say the shop online tab.... it states that ZA extreme is 69.95. . . if i click on the verify link in my ZA programs main screen, it opens up the webpage and theres a link at the bottom that allows me to add extreme, it takes me to the same shopping cart area and has the same product in there for 39.95... just seems odd...

also... whats the deal with the Extended Download Service for 8.95... do you not get definition updates and program updates just for buying the product?

Charles_B wrote :

I just renew ZoneAlarm Security Suite last week.I was offered Extreme for the same price of 39.95.I decline the offer.I
    use standalone ZoneAlarm Security Suite and ZA ForceField.I use Acronis 11 for backups to external drive &amp; CCleaner
    which I prefer for cleanup, but that's me.

You have to agree that's a very good discounted rate.

Also as Guru NNard and NaiveMelody stated. The extended download service is unnecessary as you can always
    download the latest version from the applicable ZoneAlarm download page.

Have a nice Day

forum_moderator Guest

The difference in pricing is clear and is stated.One is to upgrade your current product to Extreme. Thus you get a steep discount but you don't get to continue to use the product you upgraded from.The other is the full retail price at the higher amount. Like you just bought it brand new.Forum moderator

samsara Guest

I've been using ZoneALarm Pro in the past, but dumped it a couple of years ago. Now I've received an offer to buy Extreme Security for $29.95, but it says &quot;Exclusive Offer for
    ZoneAlarm users&quot; so since I'm not using it currently and there are no other offers in the email I assume this is a mistake and that I can't use the offer?
    Rich

Hi!check directly with ZA live chat, it may be valid for you too.Link in my signature.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

samsara Guest

OK, thanks!
    Rich

Thread Information