Thread: No list of spyware/viruses

ladycharly Guest

Default No list of spyware/viruses

I have 8.0.298.035 ZASS and since I renewed my scans run fine, but when I see ZoneAlarm in my tool bar it does nothing when I click on it. Nothing pops up for me to view what ZA found. This is very strange and I cannot figure out why it's happening, so I've come here for help. I've had ZASS since it came out. Thanks in advance for any help!

XP SP2
    1.8gHz processor
    1G RAM
    PC about 1 year old

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: No list of spyware/viruses

<blockquote><hr>LadyCharly wrote:
    I have 8.0.298.035 ZASS and since I renewed my scans run fine, but when I see ZoneAlarm in my tool bar it does nothing when I click on it. Nothing pops up for me to view what ZA found. This is very strange and I cannot figure out why it's happening, so I've come here for help. I've had ZASS since it came out. Thanks in advance for any help!

XP SP2
    1.8gHz processor
    1G RAM
    PC about 1 year old
    <hr></blockquote>Welcome to the ZoneAlarm User Forum..
    The Best advice I can give you is to Try to Keep your Windows XP Computer Software Up to Date in order to make sure you are Fully Protected..
    1.) First Make sure Windows XP if Fully Updated by Microsoft for FREE..
    Click on the Start Button in the Lower Right side of your Screen,

Then Click &quot;UPDATE Windows&quot;, this will download and Update many Needed MicroSoft Windows Files includin Service Pack 3 and
    many Needed Security Bug

Fixes for WinXP..
    <div class="moduleSectionHead zaxsColor">System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite:
    <div class="moduleSectionText">Microsoft
    Vista SP1:<ul>[*]2 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit operating system[*]Minimum system RAM: 2 GB (32-bit) and 4 GB (64-bit)[*]250 MB of available hard disk space[*]Internet access[/list]<div class="moduleSectionText">Microsoft
    Windows
    XP SP2, SP3, Home or Professional Edition
    :<ul>[*]1 GHz 32-bit operating system[*]Recommended system RAM: 768 MB[*]250 MB of available hard disk space[*]Internet access[/list]2.)
    there is a New ZoneAlarm Security Suite Vers 8.0.400.020
    Update for FREE that included many New Security Fixes..
    The simplest procedure is to :
    Download the Latest

installer:

(
    preferably with IE Browser
    and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent
    )
    (MultiPlatform,
    installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)

ZASS

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

2. On your current ZA, UNcheck &quot;Load ZA... at startup&quot; (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE:
    Please note that ZASS and ZAXS
    do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues remove
    the other Security programs
    and install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,

AVG,
    Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire,
    any other
    Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or
    locking tools, etc...

---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:986750844
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6105
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------

ladycharly Guest

Wow, I appreciate the quick reply and all the info!!

I've used ZASS like I said since it came out and 3 installs/updates/renewal on this PC and the previous PC w/o incident until the last one 0.8.298.035 Also why is it needing more resources to run (pretty hoggish IMO)? In fact I had to stop ZA from running on Start Up due to my desktop taking forever to load. BTW I have absolutely no issues with my PC and it rocks and rolls for a cheap PC! lol

I'm one who doesn't use Automatic Updates as I had it screw up $1200 PC in the past so bad (mostly SP2 update did most of the damage), I got fed up chasing down all the issues and bought another PC. LOL And I'm pretty tech savvy. Personally, I do NOT want SP3 on this PC, as I've seen how it doesn't play nice with a lot of things. So if an MS update is causing me not to view what ZA finds during scans, do you know which one is it so I can DL it? Or will I have to give up on ZA, because I don't want to have all the updates on my PC, which I really don't want to do. Perhaps I can DL the previous version?

Also I have never had anything else but ZA on my PCs for years and its all one ever needs.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>LadyCharly wrote:
    Wow, I appreciate the quick reply and all the info!!

I've used ZASS like I said since it came out and 3 installs/updates/renewal on this PC and the previous PC w/o incident until the last one 0.8.298.035 Also why is it needing more resources to run (pretty hoggish IMO)? In fact I had to stop ZA from running on Start Up due to my desktop taking forever to load. BTW I have absolutely no issues with my PC and it rocks and rolls for a cheap PC! lol

I'm one who doesn't use Automatic Updates as I had it screw up $1200 PC in the past so bad (mostly SP2 update did most of the damage), I got fed up chasing down all the issues and bought another PC. LOL And I'm pretty tech savvy. Personally, I do NOT want SP3 on this PC, as I've seen how it doesn't play nice with a lot of things. So if an MS update is causing me not to view what ZA finds during scans, do you know which one is it so I can DL it? Or will I have to give up on ZA, because I don't want to have all the updates on my PC, which I really don't want to do. Perhaps I can DL the previous version?

Also I have never had anything else but ZA on my PCs for years and its all one ever needs.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

ZASS 7.0 for XP was designed to work with SP2,ZASS 8.0 for XP was designed to work Best with SP3However ZASS 8.0 will install on WinXP Sp2..There are numerous Security Leaks found in WinXP SP2 that were found and Fixed with SP3..

<B class=headblack2>System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Products:[/B]Vista (32-bit): <UL><LI>Pentium III 800 MHz or higher <LI>Minimum system RAM: 512 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]Windows XP Operating System: <UL><LI>Pentium III 450 MHz or higher <LI>XP Service Packs 2 and 3 <LI>Minimum system RAM: 128 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]

NOTICE: No Security Software run on WinXP Sp2 can protect you from the Windows Security Flaws found in Windows SP2that were Fix with Windows SP3, until you upgrade to SP3....PLAN - B:This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notRead or Monitor this Forum..There arethree Seperate Web-links for these Services..Live Chat mode : http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htmCustomer Service www.zonealarm.com/csformZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:986875761
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6115
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------