Thread: ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.400.020 and Ultramon taskbar

lesterf1020 Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.400.020 and Ultramon taskbar

I have found that after installing ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.400.020 Ultramon's taskbar will not load. It does not matter whether the firewall, the OS firewall or the Antispyware are enabled or not. As long as the Zonealarm client is running the taskbar will not load. I have to close zonealarm then run ultramon and then restart zonealarm. Does anyone have any clues to what this is about and how to resolve it?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

zaswing Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.400.020 and Ultramon taskbar

I'm guessing that ultramon is a utility for switching between multiple monitors.
    It must be some sort of a local computer application. Do you know its name? Tried adding it to the list of Programs and trusting it (couple green bars)? I doubt it needs any internet access, but you can tell us more about it. Do you see any blocking in the ZA logs?

lesterf1020 Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.400.020 and Ultramon taskbar

You are correct. Ultramon is a utility for managing application windows in a multi monitor environment. One of its useful features is that it can provide a taskbar for each monitor that shows the applications on that monitor.

It worked fine with all previous versions of zonealarm it is only with this latest release that the taskbar will not load as long as the zonealarm client is active. The rest of ultramon s features work just fine. The executable for ultramon is ultramon.exe and the excecutable for the taskbar is ultramontaskbar.exe. The program does not ask for internet access and as I said earlier it does not matter if I trust it or not or if the os firewall is active. As long as the zonealarm client is active it will not load. I have to disable the client and then load the taskbar after which I can then reenable the client.

I don't see anything in the logs. You can get more info on the program as well as a trial version at http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Message Edited by lesterf1020 on 06-24-2009 06:49 AM

Thread Information