Thread: I thought it was supposed to be free?

ratluvr Guest

Default I thought it was supposed to be free?

I just started using Zone Alarm because so many people said how good it is and it is free. But since using it, every day I get a log-in message telling me my "trial offer" will expire in X amount of days. What trial offer? When I downloaded it there was no mention of it being just a trial.

I chose to go free because I can't afford to buy software at this time. I need something that is free, period- at least for now. So did I waste my time with this?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

slaptop Guest

Default Re: I thought it was supposed to be free?

<blockquote><hr>Ratluvr wrote:
    I just started using Zone Alarm because so many people said how good it is and it is free. But since using it, every day I get a log-in message telling me my &quot;trial offer&quot; will expire in X amount of days. What trial offer? When I downloaded it there was no mention of it being just a trial.

I chose to go free because I can't afford to buy software at this time. I need something that is free, period- at least for now. So did I waste my time with this?

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:
    7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>

From what I remember there are two options when you first get it, just the Free version of the Firewall or a trial version for the whole suite thing, you probably got the whole suite thing trial, but that's OK cause when the trial expires you still keep the Firewall for free, or you could uninstall it and opt back for just the free firewall. Either way you will need to eventually find a free version of something else for virus protection and what ever else you want, most all of the bigger companies have a free version for home users. Check out places like PC Pitstop, there are many others, like download.com and they all have a great list of free programs for tons of things, and not just freeware or shareware either, although some of those are better than the high priced stuff.
    Hope that helps you.

Default Re: I thought it was supposed to be free?

Hi!download link to the free version is here:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information