Thread: What is the Automatic Lock feature?

gamemaster Guest

Default What is the Automatic Lock feature?

Under Program Control > Main, there is a feature called Automatic Lock. What is this used for?

Thanks,
    Mike

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: What is the Automatic Lock feature?

Under Program Control / Main.At the bottom left.Click on Help and select About This Panel.Select Enabling the Automatic lock.

Have a nice Day

gamemaster Guest

<blockquote><hr>Charles_B wrote:
    Under Program Control / Main.At the bottom left.Click on Help and select About This Panel.Select Enabling the Automatic lock.

Have a nice Day
    <hr></blockquote>

Um.... thats exactly what I just said, I was asking what it does.

Hi!it blocks all internet activity. I have never used it myself, may be you find it useful.ZA already take care of intrusion, I never found useful to block everything, may be if you get infected and want a way to block all communication then you can use it.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

Charles_B wrote :

Have a nice Day

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

By clicking on Enabling the Automatic lock on the&quot; HELP &quot; panel.You can read the same I'm reading :

The automatic Internet lock protects your computer if you leave it connected to the Internet for long periods even when you're not actively using network or Internet resources.

When the lock engages, only traffic initiated by programs to which you have given pass-lock permission is allowed. All traffic to and from your computer is stopped, including DHCP messages, or ISP heartbeats, used to maintain your Internet connection. As a result, you may lose your Internet connection.

etc..................

Good Luck

Thread Information