Thread: Possible to password protect?

gamemaster Guest

Default Possible to password protect?

Is it possible to password protect the "Allow" and "Deny" choices as I do have other users who use this computer. If this isn't possible, what is another alternative I can do to help prevent other users from unknowingly, or just "wanting to get rid of the alert" and allowing or denying possibly important programs or even malicious programs?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Possible to password protect?

Not sure. I don't recall. But see if the Options button behind Overview > Preferences has the password feature.
    Paid versions definitely do, and as I read some of your posts, I suspect you'll find ZA-Pro doing what you need.
    If you can use the password, please remember that you will have trouble uninstalling and reinstalling if you forget the password. It's a no-joke difficulty.

The other option is probably block everything except what's allowed - but I think that feature is only available in the paid version and if you use expert rules.

I don't suppose ZA free has the parental control feature, but if it does perhaps you can do something there.

I wonder if there might be some feature to use Windows to lock the settings, but I doubt it.

Default Re: Possible to password protect?

Hey Mike..the ZA Pro has more features then the Free.
    I think you would be every happy with the Pro.
    Besides the password protect , it has...

For example in those the Firewall and Program Alerts, clicking on the 'More info" button next to the Smart Defense icon brings you directly to the Zone Labs knowledge base to help users determine a decision as how to treat the Alerts.

And lots of more goodies for you.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information