Thread: all my text is "????" and prog wont run

triumphguy Guest

Default all my text is "????" and prog wont run

hi all -

I like this software, so I thought to try it out - I'm running 2002 windows xp - and it downloaded and installed, but won't run - and the text in the window that pops up in the beginning is all "????????"'s, and the program won't run at all.

What to do????

ps: I don't know if my software is actually 8.0 or not, it made me choose one so I chose that ramdomly.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: all my text is "????" and prog wont run

Hi TriumphGuy, and welcome to the forum. But in order for anyone to help, you have to explain what is going on and what you're after since your description, at least for me, is totally muddy.
    What software you speak of? ZASS?
    What is 2002 windows xp?
    What downloaded and installed but won't run? Windows? ZA? Something else?
    What does it mean "it made me chose one so I chose that randlmly" - what is "it" in this context, and what means you chose something "randomly"?
    What is the window title where something pops up with ??????????? Can you identify where the message comes from, which application?
    If you speak of ZASS version you don't know, click the About window. It'll report the version.
    What other security products do you run?

Charles_B Guest

ps: I don't know if my software is actually 8.0 or not, it made me choose one so I chose that ramdomly.

May be he downloaded ZAFree ver. 8.0 includes 15 day trial of the Full ZA Pro.Maybe this what he is making reference to.

Maybe he enter this not really knowing what to enter :

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version: 8.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

- I'm running 2002 windows xp

This is XP Home Edition.He doesn't state which Service Pack.

This is my take on this thread.You'll find out when he responds.

Message Edited by Charles_B on 07-05-2009 07:42 AM

I agree with Both of you, and Charles_B Observation..It is very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front ofthe UsersComputer Monitor and see what's going on..
    Hopefully the User will provide more Detail of his Problem and Describehis Computer Setup/ Version of Windows OS and Service Packs, Version of and what version of Zone Alarm thathe is are having a problem with
    and what difficultyheis having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs thathe has installed on his Computer that may be Conflicting with ZoneAlarm..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information