Thread: Zonealarm Extreme suite Conflict - Iphone...and more

mafelix Guest

Default Zonealarm Extreme suite Conflict - Iphone...and more

I recently posted here about Zonealarm and the conflict it had with Alcohol.

| With forcefield switched off in the zonealarm settings Alcohol still won't
    | run correctly (regardless of any turned on or off advance features settings)
    | unless forcefield iswsvc in the msconfig/services setting is disabled or
    | stopped. Even if forcefield is turned totally off in the Zonealarm setting
    | and the forcefield service remains enable Alcohol will still not run
    | correctly.
    |
    | Disabling this service allows Alcohol to works. Tech support were next to useless and they still haven't replied back, after I pointed this out to them (Not even to say were working on a solution). Seams too much in the too
    | hard basket, and quite frankly their support is useless as. Certainly making me reconsider renewing my subscription when it comes time.
    |
    | I pretty peeve over the whole deal as I brought the extreme suite for the browser security, but it stuffs around with many of my programs (Alcohol being the main one)so I have to disable it, wrote to the Tech last on the 2nd | May, STILL waiting for a response.

Now it seams the new release update has issues with itunes and sync my iphone to the point it corrupts my hard drive on my iphone during the sync, forcing me to restore the firmware on the iphone. I contacted tech support and now they are simply ignoring me (AND NO their replys arnt going into spam as someone suggested).

If you encounter either iphone/ipod sync issues while running zonealarm extreme suite. Disable Zonealarm fully before synchronising. Its definitely an issue between iTunes and Zonealarm. Tech support help is not their so who know how long it will be an issue. I have 3 systems setup and each and everyone experinaces the same issues and conflicts. Only way around in disabbling Zonealarm. Which is just what everyone wants to do with the firewall/virus protection program... Not!

Operating System:
    Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Message Edited by Mafelix on 07-05-2009 03:01 PM

Default Re: Zonealarm Extreme suite Conflict - Iphone...and more

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Mafelix wrote:
    I contacted tech support and now they are simply ignoring me (AND NO their replys arnt going into spam as someone suggested).
    <HR>Then use the LIVE Chat (link in my signature), there is little use to post here, they are not monitor this board, we are all users here.The only way to troubleshoot the issue and ask for a refund is via the ZA technical support.Thanks...Cheers,Fax
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information