Thread: Which version?

neils Guest

Default Which version?

Hello all.

I guess I have been a ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite User for 2+ years and have faced the trials and tribulations of upgrading to the newer ZA releases. This past January I installed 7.1.245 on a new Toshiba laptop running Vista. Now I have gotten a new HP 6910p laptop running Vista Business SP1. It came with Norton's so I am thinking about uninstalling Norton's and installing ZA. I am also investigating upgrading Vista to SP2. I have had terrbile luck in the past with 8.0.x, hence the installation of 7.1.245. Is there a good release of 8.0.x that I should consider? Should I consider upgrading my desktop machine running XP Pro SP3 and 7.0.483.00 which has worked fine to date?

Thanks...

Neil

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:7.1
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Which version?

Hi!running an old security software is like runnng no security tool.... the same applies to super latest versions installed to unpatched OSs.For a smooth upgrade:1.) Backup your ZA settings (ZA overview --> preferences)2.) UNcheck "Load ZA ...at startup (ZA overview --> preferences)3.) Reboot the PC4.) Install the update (upgrade or clean install)The latest version is 8.0.400.020 it is compatible with both XP and VISTA 32 or 64bit.You find it here: www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/If you have an old system that is not updated then keep also the old ZA, it will not make a difference.Usually to avoid problems system should have at least 1GIGA of RAM installed.You may want to defrag your HD and clean your system and registry from unused or broken files (with the free ccleaner.com) If you use aToshiba see here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=86479if you use an ACER see here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=86706Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-07-2009 12:31 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

neils Guest

So is 8.0.400.020 a good release that is not plagued by the late 2008 / early 2009 release(s) of 8.0.x problems most of us encountered?

Does this 8.0.400.020 release drastically slow down the machine?

Thanks...

Neil

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Neils wrote:
    So is 8.0.400.020 a good release <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Any release is a good release, personally never had problems.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not here, may be there?Who knows.Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

So is 8.0.400.020 a good release that is not plagued by the late 2008 / early 2009 release(s) of 8.0.x problems most of us encountered?

Thanks...

Neil
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Some of the Main reasons for drastically slow down the machine are..1.) Too many Conflicting Security Tools installed on the same computer Competing with ZoneAlarm for Resouces..NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXSdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. 2.) If your Computer has a Slow CPU or Minimal Available Ram, or a Small Filled up Had drive..<DIV class="moduleSectionHead zaxsColor">System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite:
    <DIV class=moduleSectionText>Microsoft
    Vista SP1: or SP2<UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>2 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit operating system <LI>Minimum system RAM: 2 GB (32-bit) and 4 GB (64-bit) <LI>250 MB of available hard disk space <LI>Internet access </LI>[/list]3.) ZASS 7.1 for Vistawas the very first Version of ZoneAlarm for Vista and had missing features and several know Bugs..
    ---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:988314674
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6195
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Computer WinXP SP3 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:988314674
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6195
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429----------------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information