Thread: Zone Alarm and Firefox 3.5 : Issues apart from Force Field?

eliuri Guest

Default Zone Alarm and Firefox 3.5 : Issues apart from Force Field?

Hello:
    I've read a number of entries on this forum about compatibility issues between Zone Alarm's Force Field and the newly released Firefox 3.5.
    Question:
    Is anyone using ZASS
    facing problems with Firefox 3.5 , apart from this Force Field issue?

I don't use Force Field--only Zone Alarm Security Suite [Version:7.0.483.000]
    I find that Firefox 3.5 takes ~1 minute to load even with a new profile and no extensions.
    This is often attributed to high number of Temp files which are scanned during the Firefox
    loading process.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...&t=1326105
    either windows Temp or Temp Internet Files. Usually remedied by simply deleting those...
    However, I've thoroughly deleted those , and yet this slow loading time persists.
    Might there be some connection to this slow startup of Firefox
    3.5 and Zone Alarm's AV and/or Firewall?
    Anyone else with similar experiences?
    -eliuri
    ===================
    Windows XP Professional Edition SP3Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.0.483.000IE 7Firefox 3.5

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by eliuri on 07-12-2009 05:37 PM

ab_onguard Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm and Firefox 3.5 : Issues apart from Force Field?

Like yourself, I was anxious to upgrade from Firefox 3 to 3.5 (Windows Vista Home Premium 32). I had different issues then yours. My profile kept corrupting. After numerous complete program dletes (including personal settings/profiles), I gave up. Far too frustrating and not worth it.

So, I am back to Firefox 3.0.

ZoneAlarm needs to keep hearing from us. I encourage you to submit a service report. ZA needs to hear how many of us want an update for Firefox 3.5.

Charles_B Guest

ab-onguard, I got hold of Live Chat and told them about issue when downloading files, Forcefield does not list the file name and type. (Blank name. ) I didn't mess to much with 3.5, so not ware of other issues.

The only way to get 3.5 resolve is for everybody to report to Live Chat with all know issues and not here on the message boards.

Agent said they would pass it on to Development.

Have a nice Day

eliuri Guest

ab-onguard wrote:

"
    ZoneAlarm needs to keep hearing from us. I encourage you to submit a service report. ZA needs to hear how many of us want an update for Firefox 3.5."
    =======================================
    Hi there:
    I'm not yet convinced that the slow start-up I experience with Firefox 3.5 is due to Zone Alarm. Many others
    , using various AV/Firewalls are experiencing the same. But as said before, they can usually correct this by deleting the cache.
    I cant correct this slow startup that way. So I can only speculate there might be a Zone Alarm connection here...
    I thought this might be a good place to ask if others are seeing this as well. If so,we
    could
    then report that directly to Zone Alarm.
    Thanks again:
    -Eliuri

Message Edited by eliuri on 07-12-2009 10:29 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>eliuri wrote:
    ab-onguard wrote:"
    ZoneAlarm needs to keep hearing from us. I encourage you to submit a service report. ZA needs to hear how many of us want an update for Firefox 3.5."=======================================Hi there:I'm not yet convinced that the slow start-up I experience with Firefox 3.5 is due to Zone Alarm. Many others, using various AV/Firewalls are experiencing the same. But as said before, they can usually correct this by deleting the cache.I cant correct this slow startup that way. So I can only speculate there might be a Zone Alarm connection here...I thought this might be a good place to ask if others are seeing this as well. If so,wecould then report that directly to Zone Alarm.Thanks again:-Eliuri

Message Edited by eliuri on 07-12-2009 10:29 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is a Two way Street..Users of FireFox 3.5 should also provide Feedback on Conflicts to the Developers of FireFox..Checkpoint can ONLY make changes to ZoneAlarm.. So FireFox Developers need to be made aware of Conflict so that they can Also Improve fireFox..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

eliuri Guest

George wrote:
    This is a Two way Street..
    Users of FireFox 3.5 should also provide Feedback on Conflicts to the Developers of FireFox..
    Checkpoint can ONLY make changes to ZoneAlarm..
    So FireFox Developers need to be made aware of Conflict so that they can Also Improve fireFox..
    ===============================
    I did post about this to the Firefox forums, and that the recommended deletion of the temp
    cache didnt improve the startup time. Two threads on this issue are now locked there. But
    I guess i can raise it anew on a new thread if some connection to Zone Alarm should
    become
    apparent
    or if the issue isn't ameliorated by the next build of Firefox 3.5. Which is expected in the next few weeks.
    -eliuri

Message Edited by eliuri on 07-12-2009 11:57 PM

Charles_B Guest

eliuri wrote :

I did post about this to the Firefox forums

Charles_B wrote :

Report a bug - latest release only (you'll need an account) at this link :

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

Have a nice Day

bcavender Guest

Angry Re: Zone Alarm and Firefox 3.5 : Issues apart from Force Field?

I just bought a three pack and upgraded the wife and two daughters XPpro machiness with the latest version of ZA Security Suite.

Now all three of them are pounding me on the head saying that Firefox takes forever to start and drags like it was running on a VIC20. I shut down ZA, it frees up 200MB of memory in the task mgr and then their browsers fly.

I went and cleaned out the program control entries significantly, cleaned the PCs with CCleaner, but no change.

Anybody have other suggestions to try?

Its like the computers are busy with everything else but serving us ...

biomedr Guest

I am getting the message "Firefox is already running..." If I kill the process with Task Manager or Process Explorer, Firefox will start and run normally, but apparently will not shut down reliably. I run into an error in the Firefox Error Console:
    Error: Permission denied for <http://spc.cecddfgebfadidddlegdgflg.iban.telemetryverific ation.net> to call method Location.toString on <http://www.userfriendly.org>.

I don't know yet if this is an error specific to www.userfriendly.org's home page, or is due to some malware, or is a conflict with ZAES. I googled the link, and substrings from the link, but got no hits which were useful in solving this problem.

I'll start with virus/spyware scan and see if anything shows up.

Thread Information