Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm Removal Tool

Charles_B Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Removal Tool

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020 and ForceField ver : 1.3.153.0 installed.Before I always used the following if ZA corrupt.Reset or untick at startup and reboot.Use "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean /rmlicense to perform clean install and perform the following :

* After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them:

"Internet Logs"

"Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)

"Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)

* Empty your recycle bin
    * Reboot
    * install the latest version if you are reinstalling

I never encounter installation issues this way.

Now we have ZoneAlarm Removal Tool ( cpes_clean.exe ) .My question is if I run this tool, it also removes ZAFF.

If this is the case, to get around this I have to use the older methods or having to reinstall ZAFF also if using Removal Tool.

Any other suggestions in how to handle this.

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Removal Tool

Hi!actually younormally don't need to use the ZA removal tool or the clean and rmlicense switch. This is particularly true for the latest version and version 9. If you need a clean manual removal than use this procedure:I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000) or I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (Vista) I have not seen a manual removal procedure for forcefield.The removal tool and procedure above should only be used in case of problems or if directed by support.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-30-2009 09:36 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

For ZAFF I use /rmlicense switch.For the purpose of testing, I did the clean install of ZASS just to see.No issues.I did notice that the three folders were removed by the .020 uninstaller.Reinstall OK.Don't see no issues.I did complete image using Acronis just in case something when wrong.

I guess this does work for me.Only uninstall one or the other, and not both.

Manually remove ZAFF at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...;message.id=56

Message Edited by Charles_B on 07-30-2009 03:20 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Charles_B wrote:
    For ZAFF I use /rmlicense switch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Rmlicense switch is used if you have a problem with your license. If not, there is no need of removing your software with the rmlicense switch.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Charles_B wrote:
    I did the clean install of ZASS just to see.No issues.I did notice that the three folders were removed by the .020 uninstaller.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Latest unistaller is far more effective in removing any ZA left overs. There is generally no need to use the /clean switch anymore.Cheers,Fax

Charles_B Guest

Latest uninstaller is far more effective in removing any ZA left overs. There is generally no need to
    use the /clean switch anymore.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

I fully understand what your saying.The case of the matter is by running the the removal tool, it removes both ZASS and ZAFF (standalone) together.Then I have to reinstall both.When I only need to install just one because being corrupt.This is what I'm getting at.

e.g., I had just renew ZAFF.Had issues with license key.Used /rmlicense switch to get ZAFF install properly.Had I used Removal Tool it would have wiped both applications.Not practical in my way thinking.

I also did using /clean /rmlicense to perform clean install of ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020 just to see if there would be issues doing it this way.None.

BTW : User of ZAFF that got free license for Patch Tuesday might run into same issue attempting to renew.Had to do Live Chat to get them to resolve license key issue.They had to reset a different key then the one given before.

I asked about this.He stated that it could be done this way for both applications without having to use removal tool or it would also remove ZASS.

This does work for me.That's the point I'm trying to convey.Just wanted to see if other workaround.

Thanks for your input.

Have a nice Day

Message Edited by Charles_B on 07-30-2009 09:14 AM

Hi!yes, the removal tool should only be used in extreme cases, normally is not needed.I would warmly recommend you will update to Extreme as soon as your major version will expire this way you will forget about drawbacks of using the removal tool Cheers,Fax

Charles_B Guest

I thought about doing that when I renew ZASS two months ago.They offer a nice deal to move up to Extreme.After heavy consideration, I decline.

As it is I don't use Identity Protection in ZASS.I would never use PC Tune-Up and Online Backup in Extreme.I use Acronis True Image to backup to usb external drive for that.Also I like CCleaner.

My ISP offers McAfee Suite for free.I prefer ZoneAlarm over other vendors even if it's free.So it's not really an issue doing it this way for me.

I've been ZoneAlarm user since ZA Pro v3.0 and then moved up to ZASS 6.5 to current version.Another option is that ZAFF (stamndalone) can be use with other vendors suites.I never see my self doing that.But you never know.

Thanks again for your input.Very appreciated.

Have a nice Day

Charles_B Guest

I did Live Chat to make sure no issues this way.

Agent l: Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Charles_B.: I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020 and ForceField ver : 1.3.153.0 installed in my box.Before I always used the following if ZA corrupt.Reset or the /clean /rmlicense switch to reinstall ZASS. Also untick startup and reboot and follow at this link : http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html Now we have ZoneAlarm Removal Tool ( cpes_clean.exe ) .My question is if I run this tool, will it also remove ZAFF.If this is the case, how can I get around this.Or can I. Do I have to reinstall both by running this tool.Please advice.

Agent : Yes, that tool will remove ZAFF.

Agent : To get around that you can use the older methods that you used to use.

Agent : Reset or the /clean /rmlicense switch.

Charles_B.: OK.Thanks

Hi!yes, I understand however its a good move both financially and technically. Financially since the costs of re-newing the two is higher than Extreme, technically because updates will have generally be given priority in ZA Extreme than the rest of the products (see release of forcefield latest engine in extreme before thestandalone version). Well.. too late now... Thank you for the additional information from ZA support. You are making good use of them Cheers,Fax

Charles_B Guest

Thank you for the additional information from ZA support. You are making good use of them

__________________________________________________ __________________

This is the best thing Check Point implemented.I would always read about poor support for the
    product.This is no longer the case.Top support in my book and in real time.

Have a nice Day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information