Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZoneAlarm and Firefox

scott5 Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm and Firefox

I have been through all the suggestions from Firefox Forum and Zone alarm suggestions on this thread.
    Firefox / IExplorer/Google Chrome have all been freezing for the last few weeks on my Laptop running Vista Premium.
    I have now uninstalled the Free Zonealarm and running Windows firewall.
    I have not had a freeze since, even leaving the laptop in hibernation mode with Chrome open as started up without a fault.
    My conclusion must be that Free Zone Alarm is the problem.
    It is a pity because I have always used Zone Alarm from the start.
    Brian

I have now uninstalled the Free Zonealarm and running Windows firewall.

Register a free account at Bleeping Computer for possible malware infection on your compute for HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal

At this link :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Not happy with ZoneAlarm free, look for some freeware firewalls at this link :

http://majorgeeks.com/downloads34.html

I have no other suggestion other than this to resolve your issue.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

Have a nice Day

wovaki Guest

I have uninstalled/Disabled all add-ons the website suggested may cause the problems, and it was still occuring. Since removing ZoneAlarm I have had no problems...the only thing is, besides the problems it was causing with Firefox, ZoneAlarm has been my favorite firewall.

disgruntledone Guest

Unhappy Re: ZoneAlarm and Firefox

I too have been forced to uninstall ZoneAlarm, since it was undoubtedly ZoneAlarm that was causing the freezing problem. Having tried everything else it came to a choice of giving up either Firefox or ZoneAlarm and I'm not prepared to stop using Firefox. Pity, I've been using ZA for a long time and have often recommended it, despite massive problems with one version in the past (at least this time it was only a browser freezing, not BSODs). I'll probably try the next, Windows 7 compatible, version but without high expectations.

Meanwhile looks like I'll either have to rely on the Windows firewall or get used to Commodo questioning every single little action.

mobybeaver Guest

I've been forced to uninstall my *paid* version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite because of the firefox freezing problem. Firefox works perfectly without ZoneAlarm, but now I have a firewall that I paid $50 for and can't use.

Quote Originally Posted by mobybeaver View Post
    I've been forced to uninstall my *paid* version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite because of the firefox freezing problem. Firefox works perfectly without ZoneAlarm, but now I have a firewall that I paid $50 for and can't use.
    Hi!

Please follow up with ZA support for troubleshooting the issue and then request for a refund, if applicable (link in my signature). Have you tried the latest beta of ZA AV to see if you have still the issue? You could feedback directly the ZA developers: www.zonealarm.com/beta

ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sbaysbk Guest

the real article that you are looking for is this one.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=470849

vista/ ff3+/ za (8? can't remember what the version was a couple of years back)... i've had this problem since i got the new machine. not every day. not every month, just once in a while and there's absolutely nothing that can be done aside from hard reboot.

.. i've tried commodo.. but can't get use to it... i use chrome occasionally but don't like not being able to block ads..

once ff stops loading pages.. it's dead.. you can close it, but you can't reopen it.. and you can't kill it with task manager. but chrome can be started to load pages no problem.

now before you say it's a ff problem... that article above gives an explanation why it's not a ff problem.. (ff doesn't run in kernal mode) not that i know anything about what all that means.

.. perhaps someone will know what all that means to communicate with za about this issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information