Thread: Two harmful items not found by ZA Security Suite: BDS/Bot.58571 and TR/Dropper.Gen trojan

melmalinowski Guest

Default Two harmful items not found by ZA Security Suite: BDS/Bot.58571 and TR/Dropper.Gen trojan

On the advice of a friend, I just ran Avira Premium Security Suite on my computer.

It found two items that ZA has not:

C:\Program Files\Mahjong Towers Eternity\nqnvbtr.exe
    [DETECTION] Contains a recognition pattern of the (harmful) BDS/Bot.58571 back-door program
    K:\Documents and Settings\Mel\My Documents\My Received Files\Satellite Honu 2207.exe
    [DETECTION] Is the TR/Dropper.Gen Trojan

This is making me nervous about whether ZA is protecting me adequately. Why doesn't ZA find these items?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Two harmful items not found by ZA Security Suite: BDS/Bot.58571 and TR/Dropper.Gen trojan

Hi!not security tool is detecting 100% of malware this is valid for ZA and for AVIRA :8}Its the combination of the various components of the security suite and its correct use that will help you to stay away from malware.Including staying away from P2P, cracks and rouge software. Finally the most important is common sense!Also note that running multiple security tools on your system can create problems, conflicts,tools fighting for resources andblockingeach other with the end result of less protection.And remember, always check for false positives or dead entries+ check your ZA is actually working.Choose your security (ZA or whatever) and learn how to get the maximum from it and do not run overlapping tools.If you are sure they are not detected by ZA and they are not false positives then send the files in a password protected zip to newvirus at kaspersky dot com. subject: malware. Malware experts will confirm you about them.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 08-03-2009 10:11 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

melmalinowski Guest

Default Re: Two harmful items not found by ZA Security Suite: BDS/Bot.58571 and TR/Dropper.Gen trojan

I have been running only ZA. I recently had a code injection problem on a website hosted elsewhere, and that led a friend to suggest I scan my computer also for trojans.

Since two were found that ZA did not catch, I now must decide if I trust that ZA is adequate. Avira seems to do a more thorough system scan.

Hi!
    Well good luck with your choice of security tools, all major products will provide excellent protection.
    And remember to update your system including all related software (http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/)

If there are no other specific ZA product related questions then I will close this thread. This is a ZA product support not a A versus B chat board. BTW, the second entry looks like a false positive... just a generic detection while the first a dead entry. So, I would take these results with a pinch of salt

Thank you for your understanding and not hesitate to open a new thread if you need any further ZA related support.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 5th, 2009 at 06:15 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information